Sign in to follow this  
Lennard78

Buttons do not work in 3D despite ' use GPS sim commands'

Hello,

I also posted this question as an answer to another post - I tried to delete this, to no avail, so apologies for the double post.

I also have trouble getting any button to work in 3D (VC). According to the manual, I managed to get the 430 in the virtual cockpit of the standard Laminar C172, so that process worked. I also activated  "use gps simulator commands" in the RealityXP menu for the 430. However, despite this, none still work in the virtual cockpit. The animations do not work (e.g. the rotary knob does not turn) and the areas of the clickspots partly change/disappear if "use gps simulator commands" is activated. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Lennard

Hello,

Perhaps any of the developers could help me out with this? I would really like to use the product, which is my second RealityXP purchase... Many thanks!

Lennard

Hi,

I can't repro at all.

Are you sure you are using the 430 Unit #2 with the default C172?

Otherwise have you tried pressing the stock 530 buttons on the 3D cockpit and are they actually controlling the RXP GNS 430 instead?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Jean-Luc,

Thanks for your answer. Your answer brought me on the right track for the solution, as indeed it turned out to be a matter of assigning the wrong unit to the wrong buttons. 

Honestly I am sorry that the manual is so concise as to how to integrate the units into the different aircraft; it was not at all clear to me how, for example, the code is different (and has to be adapted) for the different units and it took me very long to find this out. I also was unaware of existence of a thread with different ready-made configurations that others have been so kind to upload (e.g. https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/521970-official-panel-configuration-thread/page/4/). Finding this out after quite a while solved my problems directly as it was just a matter of copy&paste (I had not done a search attempt on ready-made config files as I did not know of their existence, not being a frequent visitor of the AVSIM forums). I really wish I would have known this earlier, as it would have saved so much time.

Anyway I am glad it works now.

• Like 1

Thank you for the update! I'm glad you've sorted this out!

You are right, there is what seems like a steep learning curve to modding, and I wish the simulator would provide more end-user friendly tools and/or SDK support for this.

But once you're putting your hands in it, and take some time, you'll find how everything is combining and fitting together and how much satisfaction it brings too!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)