Sign in to follow this  
davenicoll

Cockpit build

Hey Guys,

I have my Fulcrum Yoke and it's amazing...Takes simming to another level...

My question arises from fitting it into my cockpit build...I have numerous other bits of hardware...

Using the supplied clamp whilst anchoring it to my desk works brilliantly it interferes with other components...

I know the instructions say it can be screwed into the bottom for cockpit builders but it seems the template for the holes would have to have pinpoint accuracy...

The idea I have come up with is removing the rubber feet from the bottom and either glue or stick the yoke to my desk...Are the feet easy to remove and if I do will it void my warranty?

Dave

17 minutes ago, davenicoll said:

it seems the template for the holes would have to have pinpoint accuracy...

The template for the holes is available on the Fulcum website. You can use the bolts with the wide washers and drill the holes in the desk as wide as, say, 8 or even 10 mm to address any drilling inaccuracy. Just make sure that the bolts do not protrude into the Fulcrum base for more than 8 mm.

As for the feet- you may want to remove them even if you use the bolts for mounting to have a more firm contact with the desk; they are mounted to the base with a double-sided sticky tape. Most probably Chris will not consider it a violation of warranty terms, but you can ask him directly.

1 hour ago, davenicoll said:

The idea I have come up with is removing the rubber feet from the bottom and either glue or stick the yoke to my desk...Are the feet easy to remove and if I do will it void my warranty?

Dave

Hi Dave, no that would not void your warranty. You can leave them in place and bolt it down as Sergey says by using slightly larger holes and washers if it makes it easier. They are quite grippy as you know so that may be something that helps. Of course, feel free to remove them if you want. If you change your mind in future I'm sure we can supply some for you. The important thing is to not allow whatever bolt you use to stick up into the case beyond the threaded inserts as this will cause damage to the mechanism.

Chris