Sign in to follow this  
Manny

How does the ASUpdater of Aerosoft work?

They said the WADD Bali airport rwn 27 ILS is now working with the latest update. It was not working earlier when the add on was released

I went to Aerooft and downloaded their file (It was the same file size as the earlier released) and the ILS didn't look like it was fixed.

I then realized I have an item on my Menu called Aerosoft Updater. ASupdaer.exe

I ran it and it listed all the aerosoft addons I have installed. It told me nothing else. 

Does running this automatically go and update all the addons if it needed updates?

I have no clue about their new update process.. I don't hang out there all the time to know these things.

Any ideas?

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Normally the items to update are in red. Just a crazy idea: Did you by chance use the Addon Linker and have the airport NOT active? In this case it's marked in the ASUpdater as installed but the Updater (obviously) can't read the files to detect they have to be updated. I made this error once.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 minutes ago, pmb said:

Normally the items to update are in red. Just a crazy idea: Did you by chance use the Addon Linker and have the airport NOT active? In this case it's marked in the ASUpdater as installed but the Updater (obviously) can't read the files to detect they have to be updated. I made this error once.

Kind regards, Michael

Yes Most of them are in Red.

Do I copy them back in community folder and then run the updater again and then copy it back and link it again?

🙂

Manny

Manny,  Just run the updater it will update the files correctly.  I have been using it in  P3D and MSFS for over a year, never a problem.  If there is a major release they will tell you to uninstall in the release notes, and download a new installer.   Also you can check the box to include beta releases under options.

Edited by markmasterson
  • Like 1

I made one profile in the Linker where all items are active. I don't use this for flying but for updates via ASUpdater or ORBX Central or the like. These updates work via the links, i.e. new/modified files are transferred to the place where you have your addons physically installed (in my case a folder "MSFS Addones")

BTW, I own Bali myself. If memory serves me right, I installed version 1.0 from the AS shop and updated it via the updater to 1.0.0.1 which is presently shown as installed.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

4 minutes ago, pmb said:

BTW, I own Bali myself. If memory serves me right, I installed version 1.0 from the AS shop and updated it via the updater to 1.0.0.1 which is presently shown as installed.

Kind regards, Michael

No matter jhow many times I run the ASUpdater...it shows those addons in Red.  

It never gave me a messge if it updated anything. It was always active. 

They all show as Installed.

Edited by Manny

Manny

18 minutes ago, markmasterson said:

Manny,  Just run the updater it will update the files correctly.  I have been using it in  P3D and MSFS for over a year, never a problem.  If there is a major release they will tell you to uninstall in the release notes, and download a new installer.   Also you can check the box to include beta releases under options.

Let me go to Bali again and check if the ILS works

Edited: NOPE! It Doesn't.

Edited by Manny

Manny

speed.png

Running ASUpater does not update anything. Sheesh. everything is becoming  a big production. sigh!

Edited by Manny

Manny

There are three buttons at the bottom which are hidden on your shot. You have to select the installed item and press the left one (Update).

Kind regards, Michael

3 minutes ago, pmb said:

There are three buttons at the bottom which are hidden on your shot. You have to select the installed item and press the left one (Update).

Kind regards, Michael

AH.. OK

The updater tool looks very primitive. 

But I am unable to get to those buttons. The window is fixed..I cannot reduce it from full screen. Let me see if I can get rid of the bottom row of Win 10

Edited by Manny

Manny

Look here

Updater.jpg.7e8499ac90fabf50353a9c1718d08d55.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pmb said:

Look here

I had to change my TV Resolution to make it visible. LOL :)

My TV is 4 K but since I  still can't find the 3080 or the 3090 I am using a cheap video card... so I have my resolution at 2K instead of 4K. :P)

It's now updating. 

Aerosoft needs to fix their program to work in various resolution like any modern windows program.

Edited by Manny

Manny

Thanks Michael. LOL 🙂 I think I have updated my MSFS Aerosoft products.. so far I have been redownloading items from Aerosoft thinking I am current on my updates. HA HAHA! 

• Like 1

Manny

This is definitely poor design. Glad you solved it.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

Hi,

I have a program called ASUpdater from Aerosoft installed on my PC, and hope someone can tell me if I can uninstall it without wrecking my MSFS.

Have recently been having issues with Honeycomb Bravo lights not working, and somehow ended up with this installation. Realize I should be asking Aerosoft, but just happen to browse this site and saw the thread.

Hope someone can help with good advice.

Digger