Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

TCAS & FSX ???

Has anyone been able to get any of the AI radar or TCAS systems to work with FSX?I have tried but have been unsucessful. If any of you have been able to get one to work can you let me know which package it is and how you did it?Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Has anyone been able to get any of the AI radar or TCAS>systems to work with FSX?>>I have tried but have been unsucessful. If any of you have>been able to get one to work can you let me know which package>it is and how you did it?>>Thanks! I have the F16.gau radar working just fine in FSX. On the other hand, the ILH_TCAS doesn't work nor does the Russian groza_154 radar :( I didn't have to do anything to get the F16.gau to work. You do have FSUIPC4 installed in FSX I take it? I had an unregistered version at first and the F16 radar worked with that. I now have a registered version and it's still working. Paul

>Okay, so I'll ask again...>Where do I find it?The f16.gau is freeware and is distributed along withmany aircraft panels. Do a search of the library andyou should find several panels, especially ,ilitart panels,that contain that gauge.Installation is fairly straight forward and can be doneas a seperate window or as a gauge embedded in an existingpanel window. Paul

Lee:How did you get this to work?Did you point to the FSX folder during install?

I did it manually. Here are the two lines in question on the CLS A310 panel that I altered://gauge24=PAPA306R!A306R_Vertical Speed Indicator, 305,550,95,95gauge24=ariane.tcas!Standalone, 305,550,95,95The Ariane gauge I placed into the Gauges folder. That's it. Do a manual install to a temporary folder, then you can move files around.Lee