Sign in to follow this  
Guy Jennings

GNS screen will not load (resolved)

Reality xp GNS 530 screen will not load into vc panel ( Fsx-se) ie shows as black for 1 second. Also I notice that in addons, after completing the setup, that the options menu will not show up under addons > reality xp gns. How do i resolve this?

53 minutes ago, Guy Jennings said:

Reality xp GNS 530 screen will not load into vc panel ( Fsx-se) ie shows as black for 1 second. Also I notice that in addons, after completing the setup, that the options menu will not show up under addons > reality xp gns. How do i resolve this?

Hi Guy,
Would you please provide more information?  New install?  Or is this a reinstall? Did you install both the RXP and the Garmin Trainer?  Did you install to the default locations or did you do a custom install?  Have you made any other changes?  Windows upgrade (like from 7 to 10)? Flight sim upgrade from FSX to FSX SE?

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

9 hours ago, Guy Jennings said:

the options menu will not show up

The options menu opens with shift+right click on the top edge of the popup gauge..

Bert

I did an rxp uninstall and reinstalled v 2.4.21. I saw a post recently that a simmer had a similar black screen complaint that was supposedly fixed by 2.4.14 but not in my case. Also, gns trainer lite v 3.30 installed okay. The initial install was to default (C drive), the second install was custom (to D drive which fsx se works from) Both the default and custom installs produce the same 1 second black box. I have installed only windows 10 and have only been using fsx steam now for a year. Btw, I've attempted to install on several different aircraft...same result.

So when I open up my aircraft and select setup from ADDON, Ive tried configuring using pop up windows and replace gauge with auto detect but in both cases, I never see configuration panel in ADDON, just SETUP.

4 hours ago, Guy Jennings said:

I never see configuration panel in ADDON, just SETUP.

Correct, the configuration panel is activated by the shift+right click method described in the Users Guide.

• Like 1

Bert

As also mentioned in the User documentation... what do your rxp log files (in your Documents folder) say?

• Like 1

Bert

8 hours ago, Guy Jennings said:

Both the default and custom installs produce the same 1 second black box.

Hi,

Can you please clarify this? Does it mean you're seeing a black rectangle on the screen which is displaying for 1 sec and then it vanishes?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I am not able to get to the config panel because the gns 530 doesn't appear....what i see is a black rectangle where it should appear and disappears after 1 second. In panel.cfg on my aircraft, Ive gone back into window 2 and reloaded the original GPS that came with the aircraft (gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0) and it functions properly. This also occurs on other aircraft I've tried to install rxp on.

Also, I have 64 bit and I see in USERS:

C:\ users\all users\realityxp\rxpGnsSim32.dll

C:\ users\all users\realityxp\rxpGnsSim64.dll

Would this be an issue or is this correct?

2 hours ago, Guy Jennings said:

Also, I have 64 bit and I see in USERS:

I also have both the 32 and 64 dlls on a 64 bit system, so I do not think that is the problem.

What rxp gauges do you find in your FSX\Gauges folder?

Could it be that your antivirus has quarantined one of them?

• Like 1

Bert

3 hours ago, Guy Jennings said:

this is not right. What Windows version are you using? Did you disable UAC?

There are supposed to be in (this is the copy used at runtime) :

C:\ProgramData\Reality XP

and (this is the copy installed as a backup)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\32
C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\64

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Im using FSX Steam on Windows 10. UAC is enabled. There was no reality xp activity in the anti virus log. There are no rxp gauges in the fsx\gauges folder, only in the two aircraft I've installed the gns530 to as evidenced by checking in panel.cfg

What is the correct entire folder address for the rxp software to install to? I will uninstall and reinstall again.

Let me try to recap this for you:

1) If you select FSX-SE during installation and it can't be autodetected, you'll have to tell where is located the fsx.exe file
  steamapps\common\FSX (typically)

2) The installer saves a copy of the gauge files directly in FSX-SE "Gauges" folder:

3) The installer adds the entry for the menu to:
%userappdata%\Microsoft\FSX-SE\dll.xml

4) The installer saves a copy of the RXP product (gauges and files) in
  C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\

5) The installer saves a copy of the RXP GNS runtime DLL in:
C:\ProgramData\Reality XP