Sign in to follow this  
jfwharton

Just wanted to say thank you to the forum

I just wanted to make a post to say thank you for the existence of this forum.  

Yesterday I got tired of not being able to update my F1 GTN complete because F1 was not going to do an update to the latest trainer.  I also use the Reality XP GTN for X Plane so having two different versions was causing an issue and the last time I did an update I discovered that the latest trainer installers do not allow you to install a previous version but instead force the installation of the latest trainer and will not install if you shut off your internet connection.

I was fortunate to have found an off line installer for the previous version which enabled me to restore that version and get both GTNs working again, otherwise I would have had no GTN in P3D.

All of that prompted me to make the move over to the P3D version of the Reality XP GTN 750 and 650.  I installed them yesterday and spent an entire day configuring the aircraft in both P3D v4.5 and v5.1 (I have a lot of aircraft).  After finishing the configuration I discovered an issue.  On many aircraft I had no nav1.  I could tune in a frequency but there was no ident and a nav off flag.  So I could not do any VOR or ILS approaches on most of my aircraft.  After a lot ot fruitless troubleshooting I found this forum and found a solution that someone had posted.

I tried that and it fixed the issue which occurs in the aircraft which have an installer that only supports the F1 GTN but not the Reality XP GTN.  For those aircraft after installing I had to go into the Reality XP plugin and use the utility to switch the F1 GTNs over to Reality XP.  That process leaves behind entries in the panel.cfg files which refer to the F1 GTN.  It was those left over entries which were causing my issue.  Only by removing those left behind entries was my issue resolved.

So thank you again for this forum where I found the solution to my issue.  I am up and running again with the Reality XP GTNs installed in both X Plane 11 and P3D.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for chiming in and sharing your experience!

I'm glad you've got everything sorted out.

Do you mind letting me know what were these entries in the panel.cfg file?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)