Sign in to follow this  
Guest kingairvols

Man...do I love FSX......

Just flew a 737 from KLAS and the Vegas Strip (real Weather) to KPHX. Absolutely beautiful coming into Phoenix. FSX is so much more alive than FS9 with the default scenery and Cloud 9 ....plus FS Genesis Land Class. Then, just because I wanted to, I picked up the FSX Mooney at KPHX and took a VFR 12 mile jaunt to Scottsdale. The weather was gorgeous (as you would expect in Arizona), and I just felt really good when I landed. Overall, it just was a great feeling. Hope you are all enjoying it like I am.Ah.......Life is Good!

Hey Spilok,Yeah I know what you mean. It's a real pleasure to fly around in FSX. Recently took the King Air C90 in the Avsim Library for a nice jaunt around the Vancouver BC area, down over the mountians into Oregon and I absolutely loved it.It's a joy to fly aircraft in FSX, the feeling of flight and the affects of weather on the aircraft just feel right! Combine that with the great scenery I am in pig heaven.I am going to look into FSGenesis to see whats available.[hr width=100%" size=1 color="black]http://forefrontgrp.com/MyLogo2.JPGJason | General Aviation Fan

Guest JimC1702

I'm loving it too. It looks really great, and I love the moving traffic at the airports, and when I taxi in or out of the gate and see cars and trucks on the adjacent highways, it always amazes me.The really odd thing is that it runs fairly well for me on my old P4 2.6 ghz. I put an extra gb of RAM in for FSX and upgraded to a 7600GT and I'm running with autogen on normal, 30% AI, 15% highway traffic and 10% boats. I'm mystified why people with much better computers are having problems. I have my frames locked at 20 and maintain that most of the time, except over the big cities or at the big airports.Jim

Geofa,Had a real busy "after Christmas" week or two. Played a little catch-up at the office, and I expect to go and introduce myself at the flight school this coming week. My daughters did all the arranging and gave me the certificate; now, I've got to put aside some time, visit the training center, and see what I have to do to get started. The weather's been so warm here in Pa, and we haven't had any cold or snow to speak of yet this winter. Weird...really weird. I think this next week though, I'll find the time to finally get the ball rolling.Go EAGLES!

Guest firehawk44

I know what you're saying! I flew a 737 from Chicago to St Louis at night using real world weather. Simply stunning especially landing at St Louis. The airport looks more than real at night! I have XClass USA and FSG mesh installed and it enhances the experience. A year or two from now we are really going to be WOW'd with new commerical addons, DirectX 10 and new hardware!Best regards,Jim

Guest PPSFA

I guess that the Vegas airport now sitting on a hill doesnt bother you? :-)

A minor, temporary inconvenience for a "whole lotta" pleasure. I'm hoping that somehow those "hilly" airports will be addressed with a landclass fix or something of that nature.

>I guess that the Vegas airport now sitting on a hill doesnt>bother you? :-)It does me a bit, but certainly not as bad as airports sitting in deep holes in FS9! :( And I'm sure there are some in FSX too! It's just one of those "temporary" compromises to finally get a round earth versus a map with loose ends! :)L.Adamson

Guest firehawk44

"I guess that the Vegas airport now sitting on a hill doesnt bother you?"The fix for airports sitting on hills has been discussed before. You simply move the Mesh Resolution slider to the left until the "hill" disappears. I have mine set at 152m and I have no hill at the Vegas airport. Move the Mesh Resolution slider all the way to the right and you'll have a large "hill"!Best regards,Jim :-)

How would you like to land at KSTL's new runway in FSX? :)I've made it, ready to upload. The only bug I see, is that AI seem to be behaving weirdly on it.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest firehawk44

"How would you like to land at KSTL's new runway in FSX? :)I've made it, ready to upload. The only bug I see, is that AI seem to be behaving weirdly on it."RhettI have it installed in FS9 and it worked well. ACES did a great job on KSTL in FSX Deluxe and I can live with it without the new runway right now. However, if you upload, I will definitely take a look at it....Best regards,Jim

Guest kingairvols

JimThanks for bring up the Mesh Resolution slider setting that you use. I have purchased the FSGenesis Mesh that is now avalible for FSX. Will this result in a different adjustment of the slider settings with the addition of the FSGenesis mesh.I appreciate any help. Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel

Guest firehawk44

"Thanks for bring up the Mesh Resolution slider setting that you use. I have purchased the FSGenesis Mesh that is now avalible for FSX. Will this result in a different adjustment of the slider settings with the addition of the FSGenesis mesh."I have the FSG mesh installed too and that's the reason why I had to lower the resolution (or suffer hills around the airports). It will not degrade your FSX and I see absolutely no difference from looking at the scenery with the slider moved all the way to the right vs moving it to the left. I read the info on lowering the sliders for mesh resolution on the AVSIM Scenery Forum and the "scenery experts" there gave a better response but I can't locate it now as I just did a quick look for the thread. Hope this helps.Best regards,Jim

Guest kingairvols

JimThanks for getting back so soon. It seems cool that we can all pitch in and get this edition of FS up and moving along. Its great to hear you also have the FSG mesh installed. I cant undestand why there is no difference in the scenery with the slider moved all the way to the right vs moving it to the left. It dose matter why I guess, hey if it works out it works out. If there are any other slidder settings or settings in general that you have noticed real impacts with would you be kind enough to mention them? I hope this is not asking too much. However it seems like the more I read the more I am confussed and we have some simular add on produts. Also, you keep things simple which is great for someone like me.I appreciate your imput. Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel