Sign in to follow this  
gundamf91

gundamf91's issues

Hi Capts,

I've started using P2ATC 12 days ago and really interesting in it. But, I still have an issue relegated to voice recognition. I've trained window voice recognition also P2ATC. But sometime I said some simple phrase, such as: 'BAV Two Eight Six clear of active' or 'Golf', but P2ATC could not understand what I said. I also trained a specific sentences and voice recognition could recognize what I said, but when PTT, P2ATC did not. For more detail, please take a look from 2:36:12

I've researched and follow some solutions but could not improve. How to improve this?

And is there a document about phraseology and responds. Because I don't know when ATC ask me contact center in specify frequency, after I switched assigned frequency I have to say callsign + cruising or climbing FL...or when turn next taxi way completely, I have to say callsign + clear of active. I have to refer to youtube to know.

I've not used VATSIM before.

Thank you!

Edited by gundamf91

If you've done the training for all the P2A controllers in the P2A Language Trainer, then doing it again can actually improve recognition.  On the specific phrase "clear of active" the speech engine seems to understand it better if you say ".... is clear of active...".  

As for documentation, User's Guide 05.0 - Grammar Starter Phrases has at least one version of the most essential phrases.  Also, here on this forum, there are some user created "cheat sheets" that might help:

Dave

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 8:31 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

If you've done the training for all the P2A controllers in the P2A Language Trainer, then doing it again can actually improve recognition.  On the specific phrase "clear of active" the speech engine seems to understand it better if you say ".... is clear of active...".  

As for documentation, User's Guide 05.0 - Grammar Starter Phrases has at least one version of the most essential phrases.  Also, here on this forum, there are some user created "cheat sheets" that might help:

Dave

Thanks for tips, Dave. But I still have issue with voice recognition although I have trained many time. For example: When I say continue ILS to runway Two Five Left...P2ATC don't understand ILS, but I just say ILS, Pilot2ATC could recognize "ILS". Is there anyway to improve?

Once the machine has been trained, then the only way to improve is to practice saying things in slightly different ways.

For most people, talking at a normal rate and not trying "too hard" to get the machine to understand helps with recognition.  Sometimes, putting a "the" in front of a word will improve recognition, for example.  So try "...continue the ILS to ....."

Dave

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 8:29 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Once the machine has been trained, then the only way to improve is to practice saying things in slightly different ways.

For most people, talking at a normal rate and not trying "too hard" to get the machine to understand helps with recognition.  Sometimes, putting a "the" in front of a word will improve recognition, for example.  So try "...continue the ILS to ....."

Dave

I give up, although how many time I train but when I said continue ILS or continue the ILS..P2ATC understand continue as filed....Although I have copied full phrase continue ILS to the runway...and train by P2ATC but nothing better. And when I said taxi to gate, P2ATC recognized taxi to eight, when I said taxi to the gate nine, P2ATC did not accept.

Edited by gundamf91

When you check in with tower and say you are on the ILS to Runway xxx, Tower will tell you  to continue ILS and report when established on final.  If you look at the recommended response, it does not contain "continue ILS".  It only has "will report when established on final."  

This phrase is not currently in the Grammar, so it cannot be understood.  I will add it in the next update.

When requesting taxi to the gate, you should select the desired gate in the Info panel.  Then say "<CallSign> request taxi to the gate".  If you want to request a specific gate, you should say "<CallSign> request taxi to gate nine", with the word 'the'.  If you don't care what gate you get, just say "<CallSign> request taxi to the gate", without selecting it in the Info panel.

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

7 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

When you check in with tower and say you are on the ILS to Runway xxx, Tower will tell you  to continue ILS and report when established on final.  If you look at the recommended response, it does not contain "continue ILS".  It only has "will report when established on final."  

It's weird, the recommended response contain "continue ILS". Please take a look from 3:09:39

7 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

When requesting taxi to the gate, you should select the desired gate in the Info panel.  Then say "<CallSign> request taxi to the gate".  If you want to request a specific gate, you should say "<CallSign> request taxi to gate nine", with the word 'the'.  If you don't care what gate you get, just say "<CallSign> request taxi to the gate", without selecting it in the Info panel.

Thanks,

Dave

I did as same as your suggestion. But tower assigned gate. I repeat taxi to gate, it was taxi to eight....and if I put "the" before gate, ATC did not accept. Please take a look from 1:42:34

14 hours ago, gundamf91 said:

It's weird, the recommended response contain "continue ILS". Please take a look from 3:09:39

You are right, it's in the suggested response.  However, the grammar doesn't have it, so that will be fixed in the next update.  In the meantime, just leave that part off your readback and you should be OK.

14 hours ago, gundamf91 said:

I did as same as your suggestion. But tower assigned gate. I repeat taxi to gate, it was taxi to eight....and if I put "the" before gate, ATC did not accept. Please take a look from 1:42:34

I see now you are talking about the readback.  The only thing you might do to help with this is to set up a phrase in the Personal Language Trainer and try to get Windows to differentiate Eight and Gate.   

I will take another look at the Grammar to see if the readback is properly worded also.

Dave

• Like 1

I rechecked  the Grammar and it should recognize "Taxi to Gate Eight" on a readback.

You might have to emphasize the "guh" sound of G in Gate.  

Dave

15 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

I rechecked  the Grammar and it should recognize "Taxi to Gate Eight" on a readback.

Dave

I have tried, but still same issue. It's hard to emphasize the "guh" sound of G in Gate @_@, although I passed phrase to google translate and let google translate speak direct to mic but could not recognize too.

Hi Dave,

P2ATC did not assign decent constraint altitude of waypoint. How to fix?

Edited by gundamf91

On 5/3/2021 at 12:05 AM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Dave

Hi Dave, today I flew from LEMD to LIMF with route

LEMD/18R F380 DCT PINAR UN870 BCN UM985 EKSID M985 ABN ABN1A
 LIMF/36

But when taxi to runway 18R, contact tower and request for takeoff, atc ask me contact ground. And I could not takeoff, please take a look from 42:10

This can happen if the Taxiway/Runway definitions are off.  Check TaxiMnt and be sure that the end of the runway hold point is near where the scenery has the hold short position.  

Looking at the default data for LEMD, you would have to taxi out to the overrun to be near the takeoff point for 18R.

Dave  

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 8:10 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

This can happen if the Taxiway/Runway definitions are off.  Check TaxiMnt and be sure that the end of the runway hold point is near where the scenery has the hold short position.  

Looking at the default data for LEMD, you would have to taxi out to the overrun to be near the takeoff point for 18R.

Dave  

Hi Dave, today I made flight from Tirana International Airport Mother Teresa LATI to Catania-Fontanarossa Airport LICC. Route:

LATI/35 DIRES2B DIRES DCT PAPIZ DCT PIMOR PIMOR2S LICC/08

P2ATC did not give any instruction when came to TOD. Please take a look from 1:08:34

Yesterday, I have same issue too, but it said that unable to calculate TOD.

Hi Dave,

Firstly, P2ATC is fantastic. It's worth every penny. But I have problem when say STARS, SID or Transition. For example, When I said ODULA transition, P2ATC could not understand what I've said, But When I pronounced word by word, 'O' 'D' 'U' 'L 'A', P2ATC could understand. So is that possible to make P2ATC understand phonetic alphabet, Oscar Delta Uniform Lima Alpha instead of pronounce 'O' 'D' 'U' 'L 'A'?

Edited by gundamf91