Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Real Air Spitfire...how to in FSX?

Hi all. I want to install the RealAir Spitfire in FSX. Is it possible, and what do I have to do if I have the FS9 file? Isn't there a special way to work with RealAir Files and the TEXTURE folder so that all gauges show up?I remember experimenting with it in the FSX Demo, and getting about 90% out of it. Seems some gauges didn't register, but I had the feeling of flight from it.This is absolutely one of my favorite VFR "speed demons"...especially the beautiful Red Racer version of the Spit.If you have this magnificent bird working, please give me a step by step to getting it into FSX. Thanks.

Same way you did it with the demo...but if the gauges didnt work then, they prolly wont work now, you could just wait for the update from RA:http://realairsimulations.com/home.php?page=home

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

StanBeen flying it in FSX since day 1 - and my system is at least 2 years older than yours. Everything seems to work ok in the cockpit except for the artificial horizon - which does not have a horizon bar - and there is some bleed through from effects etc.As to installation, its the same as any other FSX aircraft add-on. I have a separate aircraft folder and all the gauges and cockpit textures go in the panel folder. This was just a manual cut and paste and I did not try the extras {airfields, AI etc}.Let me know if you have a problem.John Rooum

List of things we are fixing to make the Spit acceptable to our standards in FSX:Texture UpdatesGauge UpdatesRe-write of gauge lightingEffects bleed through fixAlpha channel FixNew 3d model and VC complete redesignBrand New Flight Model (FS9 FDE is not going to get you spinning or slipping in FSX...how ever hard you try).Re-write of custom sceneryRe-positioning of custom sceneryQuicker scenery loading timesBetter Scenery PerformanceAlso Rudder control update.New Torque paramsNew P-factor ParamsNew SoundsNew Viewsetc, etc. Meantime it will function....but not to our liking. We are working on it! Promise.Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Rob,That is great to see - I have been checking your site regularly.John R

Rob, How about an ETA on the Spitfire....approximately! Stan

Hi Stan,Due to the ease/difficulty of using the tools we employ for conversion, we are updating the Citabria/Scout/Decathlon package before the Spitfire, and before that we have to complete the free SF260 update, which is coming very soon. So there is quite a lot do to, however each schedule gets easier and quicker as we learn more so the Spit shouldn't take as long as the Sf260 did.Kind Regards,Rob Young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Thanks, Rob. The Citabria/Scout/Decathlon will be a great addition to our FSX stable, too. I have them all and look forward to the revisions. If you do executive jets, heavy iron, or anything else...you've got a believer in RealAir equipment right here! Stanps. Think RealAir GULFSTREAM.....WOW!