Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

Prepar3d V4 Aircraft to Prepar3d v5

So, I am shifting into Prepar3d V4 because the large majority of my addon planes are only optimized up to Vesion 4.

Is it possible to self integrate these models to work correctly in Version 5 and if so how difficult is it? What would need to be edited or changed? 

Thanks.

Some will work, I do not recall exactly which ones. My suggestion is to copy any aircraft from v4 to v5 that you want to fly. If it works, fine...if not delete...

Sherm

I've been able to get most of my planes to work.  For Carenado, they have a small patch update on their website.  You have to run it after each aircraft installation. 

For the RealAir planes like the Duke and the Lancair Legacy you have to modified your registry so any installation that is looking for V4 will look at V5.  If you have both V4.x and V5.x, I'm not sure how if registry fix will work with both versions. Their should be instructions here on AVSIM or YouTube. Make sure you're comfortable doing registry mods.

The Milviz planes are a little more challenging.  I have the C310R, Beaver and B55.  I was able to get them all to work ok by using the registry fixed mentioned earlier and modiflying dll.xml in the program data folder to recognize the XMLtools64.dll file.  I had to do one added step with the 310R for the Realights and Trueglass.  Ignore the Realights and Trueglass installers when installing the aircraft and if you have an ORBX account, there are TFDi Realights and Trueglass installers on the ORBX website that show up on ORBX My Products page, I had to install these as well.

For some other planes, both pay ware and freeware, I went from FSX to P3DV5 and there were some sound issues going from 32 bit to 64 bit.  I had to download and install "dsd_p3d_xml_sound_64 from Doug Dawson's site and replace the dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau with the dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll 64 bit file. Had to edit the panel.cfg as well to see the new 64 bit file.

My Just Flight, Flysimware and Lionheart Creations planes worked ok, downloaded the latest installers form my vendors and they worked ok.

Other than the Realights and Trueglass fixes, I was able to find all the info here on AVSIM.

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

So, I am shifting into Prepar3d V4 because the large majority of my addon planes are only optimized up to Vesion 4.

Is it possible to self integrate these models to work correctly in Version 5 and if so how difficult is it? What would need to be edited or changed? 

Thanks.

I am doing a major hardware and software upgrade to my FS computer.  I've decided to go with P3D V4.5 for the same reasons you point out.

There are just too many add-ons that won't work in V5 that I'm not willing to give up.  Worse, MSFS 2020 has blunted work from Devs on V5 stuff.

All IMHO  :-)

Jeff

• Like 1

Yes indeed. More software work than I have time for seeing as I typically get only an hour or two a week to put into simming and setting up Prepar3d any version will likely occupy a weekend or two seeing as at some point I will have to take FSX-SE off of my C drive to make space. I have space for vanilla P3D V4 but then will come the extras. I will have to run UTX, RXP, UTL, and download ASN for it. Repurchase my favorite A2A  aircraft. All takes space and FSX-Se has a further 38 GB I will need in addition to the 60 I currently have to allocate.

10 hours ago, FLNG said:

I am doing a major hardware and software upgrade to my FS computer.  I've decided to go with P3D V4.5 for the same reasons you point out.

There are just too many add-ons that won't work in V5 that I'm not willing to give up.  Worse, MSFS 2020 has blunted work from Devs on V5 stuff.

All IMHO  🙂

Jeff

We will see how long they set P3d aside. My prediction is the xbox crowd  will get bored with MSFS in a year or two and eventually only the TRULY interested will remain. Plus, P3d and Xplane both have academic and training cred. MSFS will not recieve that because of the entertainment marketing. I have seen young ones' response to flight sim. There is an initial wow factor but their attention spans soon wane because it is not a level or win/loose end game. Only a few take lasting interest. 

Edited by Gary1124
  • Upvote 2

I hope you are right...seems logical

Jeff