Sign in to follow this  
gundamf91

Pushback Express issue after MSFS 2020 updated

12 minutes ago, byork said:

Not sure about that, but this is the new LVAR for the parking brake in the FBW.

L:A32NX_PARK_BRAKE_LEVER_POS

Cheers,

I spoke to the dev again. That's what he said:

Right now, parking brake demand (cockpit lever position) is A32NX_PARK_BRAKE_LEVER_POS
BRAKE LEFT POSITION and BRAKE RIGHT POSITION is the actual brake output in the meantime

So A32NX_PARK_BRAKE_LEVER_POS gives you the lever position only. Not if the brakes are actually applied. But that could be enough, couldn't it?
Edited by Watsi

FlyByWire Simulations

In Pushback Express, we only need the position of the Parking Brake lever, because that's what's referenced in the dialogues.

Whether or not the brakes are actually applying braking force, we'll leave it up to the end user to monitor the Triple Pressure indicator.

Are you guys going to start modelling failures and low hydraulic pressure scenarios?  99.9 percent of all users will never check the Accu pressure.

Edited by byork

10 hours ago, byork said:

Are you guys going to start modelling failures and low hydraulic pressure scenarios?  99.9 percent of all users will never check the Accu pressure.

We actually do. Better to say: with a simulated hydraulic system, failures can occur when mishandled. But I'm with you. For Pushback Express it's irrelevant. The lever position is good.

Edited by Watsi

FlyByWire Simulations

On 6/11/2021 at 12:02 AM, byork said:

I just sent out a new release Candidate for FBW A32NX and PBE a few minutes ago.

If I get the thumbs up, the plan is Sat morning UK time.

Today I've install latest version (2.1), I could not use voice control, voice control to P2ATC was normal. Please take a look from 21:57

Edited by gundamf91

10 hours ago, gundamf91 said:

Today I've install latest version (2.1), I could not use voice control, voice control to P2ATC was normal. Please take a look from 21:57

Look at the "interface method".... you never selected Voice Control mode.

You're still in Button Control mode.

7 hours ago, byork said:

Look at the "interface method".... you never selected Voice Control mode.

You're still in Button Control mode.

Okay, I see. Thank you very much!

4 hours ago, byork said:

Are you using the latest development version?

I just tried it with the very latest Dev version of the FBW A32NX... no problems here with the latest version of PBE.  Worked fine.

It was the latest dev version released at that time. Meanwhile there is a newer one (ff9f83e) which is now 6 hours old. I will try it now. Sorry, slept tonight ...

5 hours ago, byork said:

I just tried it with the very latest Dev version of the FBW A32NX... no problems here with the latest version of PBE.  Worked fine.

OK, problem solved. It wasn't PBE, of course, and it wasn't FBW either. The only reason why I was able to reproduce the problem several times last night is, that I look at the pedestal very seldom because I use the TCA Quadrant with add-ons. And that's exactly where the driver smoked up for the very first time. Silly... 😆 Thanks you for your effort!