Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

Xtremeprotypes Lear 25

1 hour ago, Gazzareth said:

Lol that's why I'm on the fence, GTN's are great when you're changing frequency, can't get used to old school comms radios....

G

I personally like the GTN better than any other avionics solutions I've seen presented in sim. I'm sure the actual units are very well liked by pilots. Laying in a flight plan is so simple compared to cursor knobs and fmc scratch pads/lsk. But, I want to know there were RW examples of the retrofit. I've seen cockpit photos of CJs and Lears with GTNs. They are rated for jet applications. In fact, they can do anything a Smith's FMS can do and easier to use.

I had Version 2.x of the Lear 25 in P3D 3.4; when I installed P3D 5.1, I was able to repurchase Version 3.0 at the "Upgrade" price. 

Overall I have enjoyed both FSW's Lear 35 & Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 equally and both aircraft can be a handful to fly at times.

What I do not like about Version 3.0 is how it installs into the flightsim main "Airplanes" Folder--three separate Lear 25 aircraft folders, "Retrofitted", "GTN" & "GTN 2". In my opinion,this makes the aircraft selection process pretty redundant especially with the amount of the same Lear 25 aircraft textures available x's 3 in the P3D Aircraft Selection Menu.

I really wish the developer would have offered something similar to the Milviz "MVAMS" or the A2A config. exe. Thus,you have one Lear25 aircraft folder and the ability to configure the cockpit with one of the three different options offered by the developer.   

1 hour ago, Gary1124 said:

I personally like the GTN better than any other avionics solutions I've seen presented in sim. I'm sure the actual units are very well liked by pilots. Laying in a flight plan is so simple compared to cursor knobs and fmc scratch pads/lsk. But, I want to know there were RW examples of the retrofit. I've seen cockpit photos of CJs and Lears with GTNs. They are rated for jet applications. In fact, they can do anything a Smith's FMS can do and easier to use.

My personal preference is the PL21, once you're used to it I find it better than the GTN (that's in another sim though), although sure the GTN would be much better with full Garmin AP & Instruments. 

Apparently the FSW bird is modelled on one flown by one of their test team.

Of course in Sim the GTN isn't as good as it could be, since it runs obsolete nav data..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

20 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

My personal preference is the PL21, once you're used to it I find it better than the GTN (that's in another sim though), although sure the GTN would be much better with full Garmin AP & Instruments. 

Apparently the FSW bird is modelled on one flown by one of their test team.

Of course in Sim the GTN isn't as good as it could be, since it runs obsolete nav data..

G

It's also missing a couple functions from RW like weather.