Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Are you getting stutters in the middle of nowhere?

30% CPU I think will be your overall CPU notthe core MSFS likes to hammer. 60 is very high is that for VR?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Not to be misunderstood: your indication was to crank up the settings until mostly GPU bound then lower them until the "bounding" is like 50-50 between GPU and CPU (which makes sense).

So at the beginning I am mostly GPU bound then I have something like 70-30 (GPU bound-CPU bound). I was unable to find a sweet spot to get to 50/50.

In VR I use the OculusDebug tool (or the tray tool) to force 45 FPS with ASW off (since I get massive tearing with ASW).

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

46 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Not to be misunderstood: your indication was to crank up the settings until mostly GPU bound then lower them until the "bounding" is like 50-50 between GPU and CPU (which makes sense).

So at the beginning I am mostly GPU bound then I have something like 70-30 (GPU bound-CPU bound). I was unable to find a sweet spot to get to 50/50.

In VR I use the OculusDebug tool (or the tray tool) to force 45 FPS with ASW off (since I get massive tearing with ASW).

Yes when up high or in the middle of nowhere were the sim is doing the lease. Hence you normaly became CPU bound. So yes I now have 50-50 between GPU and CPU in them areas. It flickers from one to the other. Takeoff and landing and down low 100% GPU bound. Keeping my MSFS core CPU it hammers with 10-15% headroom.

But since your running VR and need 45 that can change your needs, I can run just..60fps but lock at 34. But am sorry I have no idea with VR. It does not matter how many FPS your over your 45 I surgest you just try to keep GPU bound to keep the "main" core MSFS useing 85-90%, that way your giving you main CPU core room to do more work when needed. Impossable if peged out at 100 (CPU bound).

If I run ultra and no Renderscale I am CPU bound 100% of the time and see far more stutters. Becasue I am now GPU bound I have even gained a few FPS in my test. At Orbx EGLC with Orbx London at that airport in the Mooney I now see 61 FPS never seen that many before, but....its also the only place I become VRAM bound. There is always something 🙄 🙂

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 6/8/2021 at 3:33 AM, Nyxx said:

Kind words, thank you guys. It was a lot of savings and sold my car to help chip in. Did not come easy.

Ryan, I fly your livery as there the best, stunning work mate.

All am trying to test here is to keep your core processor from never capping out and I think the biggest chance of that is when your in the middle of nowhere and I agree I think it’s downloading and drawing in new scenes. But with you core caped out it starts to stutter. AI traffic is always set to off etc. 
manipulators I’ve not looked into as I’ve never seen that one. It might mean some setting are to high? Just a guess. As it seems to suggest it’s struggling?

BTW Ryan and “Will” I went from a 4790k@4.6 with a 1070 and 1080p, I still think at 1080p and that rig handled MSFS well. Yes the new rig is a massive step up and hope you both enjoy your next rigs. 3070-3080-3080Ti and 3090 can be ordered here in the UK as long as part of a new PC.

My PC cost £3025 but when you think people are paying £1700 -£ 2,500 just for 3080-3080Ti and 3090 it seems a fair price! Now. Still a lot of money. The same rig as mine is now £3400, ouch!

In 14 months time it will be middle of the road rig hehe. Windows 11 intell 12 4080 and so it goes on….

Feel like donating your 4790k? 😁 I have the 4770k and could use all the help i can get lol. 

Edited by RobJC

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Not sure if it's been mentioned already or if it is already a well known issue, but I get frequent stutters if I have a browser window running/opened, for example on another screen, especially in the foreground (so when I'm technically outside of the sim), but it's also the case when the sim is focused, maybe only a bit less pronounced. Nothing major or CPU-hungry running in the browser, might just be a single wikipedia tab, but the moment I put something else in front of the browser, like a Plan-G window for example, stutters stop, FPS improves. I imagine, even though most of the time I'm limited by the GPU, somewhere a single thread is trying to carry the avionics/screens in the sim and browser javascript/rendering/redrawing and it bottlenecks the whole thing.