Sign in to follow this  
kelvinr

SpritelyNZStudio-NZ-Flora-and-Water Scenery enhancement

OK downloaded the free version. I may well buy this but it does seem to have issues with the Orbx NZ terrain mesh.

With just the orbx mesh   (the mesh adds a hump at the end of the runway):

i0VYQAL.jpg

With both installed:

tzpHLTw.jpg

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

5 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

OK downloaded the free version. I may well buy this but it does seem to have issues with the Orbx NZ terrain mesh.

Yup, using the free version of this mod along with the ORBX mesh and the addon Milford Sound and Queenstown airports caused some very weird terrain anomalies in the waters surrounding them.. I'm also unsure about how it interacts with Bijans seasons mod.  Unfortunately i had to delete it in the end.

If anyone can confirm if the paid version works ok with the ORBX mesh and addon airports (specifically Milford and Queenstown) I'd be grateful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Moose said:

Yup, using the free version of this mod along with the ORBX mesh and the addon Milford Sound and Queenstown airports caused some very weird terrain anomalies in the waters surrounding them.. I'm also unsure about how it interacts with Bijans seasons mod.  Unfortunately i had to delete it in the end.

If anyone can confirm if the paid version works ok with the ORBX mesh and addon airports (specifically Milford and Queenstown) I'd be grateful.

I will experiment with disabling just the water folder

On 6/19/2021 at 10:26 PM, The Moose said:

Purchased the full version just to see what it is like.

The water is quite different to the free version. At Murchison for example it no longer causes height issues with Orbx mesh and removes an imaginary building that the default game added where a square pond actually sits but it also added a wide-ish water way where in reality there is just a tiny creek. ( I am thinking the addon used the surveyed flood bank of the creek?)   I was unable to check the Orbx airports you mentioned as I do not have them.

My brief assessment:

PROS

• vegetation is vastly better and matches real life photos far better than the game
  • the water for the most part is improved
  • the price is reasonable

CONS

• can be slow to load flights and you need to sit for about 20 seconds after spawning as it can stutter on first load, some degree of FPS hit - not suited to low end systems
  • the water is better than the freeware but in some places may still have issues with other addons but the dev has put water in a sperate folder so it can be disabled if need be
  • close up the occasional tree seems truncated like the top was cut off with a hedge trimmer, rarely happens but stands out when it does

I do not have the time or skills to make side by side comparisons shots so I have attached below two videos at Rotorua.

Basically a couple of very dodgy and rough circuits flown with default vegetation in the first and the mod vegetation enabled in the second. Main thing to look for, the lack of variety of trees and excess height in the first video versus the second.

Circuit at Rotorua with default trees:

Similar circuit flown with the NZScenery mod enabled:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I was unable to check the Orbx airports you mentioned as I do not have them.

Milford Sound and Queenstown are both freeware and very good they are too!  I highly recommend giving them a go.

Will have a look at your vids after the footy.

6 hours ago, The Moose said:

Milford Sound and Queenstown are both freeware and very good they are too!  I highly recommend giving them a go.

Oh OK, I thought you were referring to some sort of Orbx payware products, I will check those areas out next time I am in game. I believe I already have the freeware Milton Sound installed.

Any pointers as to what I should be looking for ?

OK did a very quick fly around at Milford Sound with Orbx mesh, the Payware NZscenery and the Freeware Milford loaded all at the same time. 

There are glitches where the freeware Milford Sound Mesh meets the Orbx mesh but that has nothing to do with the NZScenery. Also the freeware is potentially missing quite a few large buildings compared to what you see in aerial mapping but again that is not an issue with NZScenery.

I am not seeing any blatant issues with the water, some hints as to what to look for would be good.

I initially mistakenly thought the south docking area may have had an error with water appearing behind it but a quick check of aerial photography showed that is actually accurate and water does appear on both sides see below.

Lq7LJgy.jpg

23 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Milton Sound

Clearly a typo lol. I live in Milton, but its on the East Coast of the South Island.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

1 hour ago, ZKOKQ said:

Clearly a typo lol. I live in Milton, but its on the East Coast of the South Island.

true Milford was what was meant - fixed in the last post

9 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

There are glitches where the freeware Milford Sound Mesh meets the Orbx mesh but that has nothing to do with the NZScenery.

Are you using the updated specifically for the ORBX mesh version of Milford?  It was only released last week iirc.  I didn't notice any glitches with that. (it's very possible i wasn't looking hard enough though 🙂 )

It's the bottom download not the "Main file" which caught me out originally.

SDR Milford 2.1
1.0 June 14, 2021 - 179.46 MB  

As for the errors i mentioned with the NZ freeware.. I'll have to reinstall that mod and take a pic.(and the Queenstown error) I'll get round to that later today if I can remove myself from the cockpit of the DC-6 😄

Edited by The Moose

52 minutes ago, The Moose said:

Are you using the updated specifically for the ORBX mesh version of Milford?  It was only released last week iirc.  I didn't notice any glitches with that. (it's very possible i wasn't looking hard enough though 🙂 )

It's the bottom download not the "Main file" which caught me out originally.

SDR Milford 2.1
1.0 June 14, 2021 - 179.46 MB  

As for the errors i mentioned with the NZ freeware.. I'll have to reinstall that mod and take a pic.(and the Queenstown error) I'll get round to that later today if I can remove myself from the cockpit of the DC-6 😄

No I will download that and have anther look.

I also tracked down and downloaded the Orbx compatible version of Queenstown.

With all three mods installed I am getting a few places with water creeping up the mountainsides that looks a bit odd but they are not  particularly close to the airports. I am undecided whether the glitches warrant disabling the water mask part of the NZScene mod and just keeping the much improved vegetation.

If you post some screenshots of what you see in the freeware I can take some screenshots of how it looks in the payware.