Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

REX Sky Force not injecting

Hi Guys.  I created a tech support ticket, but also wanted to try here.  I ended up going from 5.1 HF to 5.2, then rolled back for various reasons.  After reinstalling 5.1 HF I noticed that rex clouds were not injecting into the simulator.  So I attempted to reinstall my rex theme.  When I click install it immediately acts like it was successful.  In the past this would take a couple minutes to complete.  So it seems too fast.  I then tried uninstalling and reinstalling rex.  But same problems.  Does anybody know a work around?  It also seems like uninstalling rex is not completely uninstalling it, because when I reinstall it remembers my settings from the last time around.  Any help is appreciated.  If I hear back on the ticket prior to somebody responding here, I will make sure I describe the fix in this thread in case anybody stumbles upon it later.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Hi Guys.  I created a tech support ticket, but also wanted to try here.  I ended up going from 5.1 HF to 5.2, then rolled back for various reasons.  After reinstalling 5.1 HF I noticed that rex clouds were not injecting into the simulator.  So I attempted to reinstall my rex theme.  When I click install it immediately acts like it was successful.  In the past this would take a couple minutes to complete.  So it seems too fast.  I then tried uninstalling and reinstalling rex.  But same problems.  Does anybody know a work around?  It also seems like uninstalling rex is not completely uninstalling it, because when I reinstall it remembers my settings from the last time around.  Any help is appreciated.  If I hear back on the ticket prior to somebody responding here, I will make sure I describe the fix in this thread in case anybody stumbles upon it later.  

a word of warning, if you are using alongside the sim, it will ctd the sim after 6 hours.  I believe the issue is still there. 

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

a word of warning, if you are using alongside the sim, it will ctd the sim after 6 hours.  I believe the issue is still there. 

thanks.  i remember hearing that.  think I'm safe because i don't ever open the program when flying and also don't fly longhauls. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 hours ago, micstatic said:

thanks.  i remember hearing that.  think I'm safe because i don't ever open the program when flying and also don't fly longhauls. 

I believe it has to be opened to inject weather? I read that on there support forum. Other wise it uses whatever was loaded previously.

What I do is open the program and minimize it, then start P3D. Works fine.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

I had noticed different weather in the past though?