Sign in to follow this  
Hamilton_

Problem with Fulcrum and Airliners mainly X-Plane 11 and P3D

2 hours ago, Hamilton_ said:

By the way I contacted the X-Plane support and I got some instructions about creating a curve, etc. I´ll try that when I get home later.

I would be very interested to see what they suggest and what your final settings and curves are so I can recreate what you are seeing.

Chris

1 hour ago, tutmeister said:

I would be very interested to see what they suggest and what your final settings and curves are so I can recreate what you are seeing.

Ok Chris, then I'm going to post here in such a way as to help someone else.

Basically the instruction is about to change the 'Interp mode' to Linear and add points on the curve by clicking the '+' icon, dragging and move these points to make a curve (like I have with FSUIPC). Also they attach a screenshot showing one curve. Then I can fine tune and adjust this with a little more time, test, adjust again, test and adjust again. 👍

Hamilton

Hamilton Müller

Hi Hamilton

In addition to the X Plane support  suggestions with making adjustments to the in built X Plane Response Curves, you may also need to look at making some tweaking adjustments within the Joystick/Yoke Profile setup for the Rotate MD-80, iXeg 733, FF 757/767 and iniBuilds A300 aircraft.

In particular look at setting up for each individual aircraft the Control Sensitivity so that you can individually adjust the Control Response settings and the Stability Augmentation settings within X Plane 11.

Recommend watching these videos as some example guidelines to work off.

Configure Flight Controls for X-Plane 11

Honeycomb Yoke | How to Configure and Calibrate | P3D | Xplane

Just as a side-note and for Chris just in case he missed it, here's a recent comparison look video from a Real Life UK Commercial Pilot from the beginning of June 2021.

Flight simulator yokes review: Honeycomb Alpha vs Fulcrum One

Edited by radar18alien
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Hamilton_ said:

Ok Chris, then I'm going to post here in such a way as to help someone else.

Basically the instruction is about to change the 'Interp mode' to Linear and add points on the curve by clicking the '+' icon, dragging and move these points to make a curve (like I have with FSUIPC). Also they attach a screenshot showing one curve. Then I can fine tune and adjust this with a little more time, test, adjust again, test and adjust again. 👍

Hamilton

I played around with this and I think keeping it a straight line is best. What I did was add in points so that I had points at 0.0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1.0

I then dragged the line up more at the left hand side and not quite as much on the right side but tried to keep it as straight as possible. This gives a nice responsive feel and made it less hard work to fly but allowed you to feel the forces when at the ends of travel. By keeping it straight it still keeps that nice linear response and control resolution too. I did this on both roll and pitch.

So basically keep it straight but just change the effective angle of the line.

Chris

Edited by tutmeister
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 9:47 AM, tutmeister said:

I played around with this and I think keeping it a straight line is best. What I did was add in points so that I had points at 0.0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1.0

So basically keep it straight but just change the effective angle of the line.

Thanks Chris.

Hamilton Müller

On 6/26/2021 at 3:09 AM, radar18alien said:

Recommend watching these videos as some example guidelines to work off.

Thanks radar18alien! 

Hamilton Müller

This has been the eternal problem with Xplane since it was created! This was one of the reasons I didn't like it (i use it only for one plane)  Now as of Sept, I saw a video on youtube, were its creator accepting the sim has the problem since when it was created.  The new more precise yokes didn't exist for us mere mortals at the time:)   He is working on an update to fix sim to interpret better the curves and sensitivities of the sim in order to work better with the new yokes.

Chemanuel

• Like 1