Sign in to follow this  
bobterri

Two Questions 5.2 HF1

I posted this over in the Prepar3d forums and thought I'd post it here too.  Just trying to get some answers before giving P3D 5 another try.

When P3D 5 came out, I purchased it and really enjoyed it with some caveats. I updated to 5.1 and continued to mostly enjoy it, however two problems eventually forced me to revert back to 4.5.

First, the shimmering! It was much worse in 5.1 than 4.5. Has this shimmering problem been corrected in 5.2 hf1?

Second, DXGI crashes. 4.5 is rock solid for me, where with 5.1 I was experiencing these crashes far too often. Has 5.2 hf1 eliminated these crashes?

Thank you.

Bob Bressert

1. It depends, I experience no shimmering. All good here, at night the lights shimmer a bit, but this is in real life also!

2. I have no DXGI anymore but also just bought a RTX 3060 with 12GB Vram! I don't know which card you have?

I have a 19-10900k cpu and a 1080 ti gpu running a 1440p monitor.  If I ran any MSAA setting in the sim, I'd get very bad shimmering.  With the sim running SSAA 6, I'd get a tolerable amount of shimmering.

Bob Bressert

Go for it...with the new HF it is all but perfect...

Sherm

I guess I'm looking for people that had the two problems I mentioned in 5.1 but no longer have them in 5.2 HF1. 

Bob Bressert

On 7/3/2021 at 9:18 PM, bobterri said:

I posted this over in the Prepar3d forums and thought I'd post it here too.  Just trying to get some answers before giving P3D 5 another try.

When P3D 5 came out, I purchased it and really enjoyed it with some caveats. I updated to 5.1 and continued to mostly enjoy it, however two problems eventually forced me to revert back to 4.5.

First, the shimmering! It was much worse in 5.1 than 4.5. Has this shimmering problem been corrected in 5.2 hf1?

Second, DXGI crashes. 4.5 is rock solid for me, where with 5.1 I was experiencing these crashes far too often. Has 5.2 hf1 eliminated these crashes?

Thank you.

For me, 5.2 really helped the DXGi crashes. I do still have a fair bit of shimmering though, especially at payware airports. 5.2HF1 pretty much the same shimmering for me.

Calum Watt

Calum,

That is good news about the DXGI crashes.

As far as your shimmering, yes, my payware airports also were worse when it came to shimmering.  Sorry to hear this hasn't improved for you.  What is your AA setting in the sim?

Bob Bressert