I use P3D v4.5 and most of my hours are in A2A V-tail Bonanza or the fine Alabeo C421.

Is Vatsim okay for regional GA hops here in the US Mid Atlantic region?

Yes. You can even get certificates from Vatsim that you are able to perform flights in specific ways. This includes a kind of virtual PPL that also covers the basics of VFR flights.

Peter

Hello ! Yes absolutely. As long as you have basic airmanship skills, whether you fly a Bonanza or a 747 is almost irrelevant.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

That sounds interesting. I am going to give it a try on my vacation week in three weeks from now. See if I can obtain control flying KSEG to KOXB.

No time for the beach this year but I can go to Ocean City virtually in my A2A Bonnie 🙂🙂🙂

Just now, Gary1124 said:

That sounds interesting. I am going to give it a try on my vacation week in three weeks from now. See if I can obtain control flying KSEG to KOXB.

No time for the beach this year but I can go to Ocean City virtually in my A2A Bonnie 🙂🙂🙂

I crossed the States in 14 legs back in 2018 in the A2A Bonanza, from Long Island to San Francisco, all in VATSIM. That was in winter, and crossing the Rockies and the Sierra Nevada proved interesting, flying skills-wise. But the Bonanza is well equiped for this kind of trip compared to other aircraft. Now I wish I could do the same in MSFS. But I am digressing here.

I did not have any trouble with ATC, most of them were actually quite happy with having an IFR Bonanza, it created some kind of challenge for them I think. It's all about knowing your aircraft and not being a numbskull with ATC, really. Be aware though, some ARTCC will sometimes not extend their airspace to as low as a single prop engine flies, especially if you are VFR.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

So, vfr flight monitoring is done also. I will pass from Harrisburg Approach to Washington which I believe will have me all across Delmarva to OXB. Is the Washington Area well covered by the volunteers?

Thanks

Edited by Gary1124