Sign in to follow this  
cbrown

Afcad problem

I've developed a problem with Afcad. When I open it, I do not have the full list of airfields throughout the world as I used to.  It only shows the one file I have in Add-On Scenery, ie USA/Washington/Seattle, a revised afcad downloaded previously.  The File List  only shows this file, and the File index also only shows that one. I downloaded a new copy of Afcad and installed it but it gives the same result. I tried an installation on an old laptop, and that collected all the airports and showed them all in the index and file list.

I tried copying those new, complete files to my usual computer, but when tried, Afcad overwrote the files with just the 1 Seattle Add-on scenery entry again.

I had been trying to install Congo airports FZAA and FZAB and FCBB. 2 worked Ok, but FZAA was very blurred so I gave up and deleted them all, but I suspect it has somehow corrupted my FS9 installation. I can still use Afcad From Specific File selection, the problem is just with From All Scenery, it doesn't collect All Scenery.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.  Thanks.

Colin B

Have you tried a system search for, e.g. "AF2_", in orde to see if all your AF2_XXXX,bgl files can be found normally and if they are all (still) situated in their normal positions and where you expect them to be ?

Hans

Maybe your SCENERY.CFG has got corrupted somehow. When you deleted those sceneries, did you do it from within FS9 or did you open SCENERY.CFG in Notepad (or similar) and edit the file manually?

Try regenerating the file from within FS9. Simply go into 'Settings' and change one of the sceneries to "Inactive" and save the changes. If that works you'll just need to re-activate that scenery and all will be good ;)

If SCENERY.CFG has got totally corrupt, you'll probably need to re-enter all your sceneries manually if you don't have a back-up to use.

Good luck!

I tried a backup scenery.cfg, and it appears to be Ok now. It's collecting all the airports again in All Scenery and shows them normally. I think there may be a problem with FS9 which is causing the corruption. It's just crashed and automatically has applied a compatibility setting. It doesn't seem too happy running in Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Colin B