Sign in to follow this  
b1bmsgt

Transfer Marketplace purchases

Hi! I have searched for this, but haven't found any reference to it (or maybe I didn't hit upon the  magic combination of search terms) so perhaps someone can help me. I recently got fed up with the P.I.T.A. upgrading method of the MS store, deleted MSFS and repurchased it through Steam. Download went smoothly, and when I ran the game it had me sign in using my MS account. My same old gamertag shows up when I run the game, but my Carenado aircraft that I purchased in the old MS Store version do not show up as purchased, either in the Marketplace or in my hangar. Since I am signed in under my MS account, I would have thought it would have a record of my purchase and they would be there in the game, but they are not.

Sooooo...

Does anyone know if there is a method of restoring these purchases to my new install?

Thank you!

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Not as far as I know.

It is one of the big downsides of the marketplace. Your purchases are permanently attached to that user account and are not transferrable.

You would have had to do something like buy the Steam version with the same MS login though I am not sure that is even possible.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Hello, there is no way to restore your purchases, I bought Steam version and also bought a carenado airplane… now I use FS2020 Store Version and I am not able to download the airplane. I tried to contact Carenado support but they say that they are not able to help because that a MS issue, then I contacted MS support and confirmed that store versions are not compatible even when you use the same gamertag… This should not work like this, but right now there is nothing we can do

1 minute ago, dmvega81 said:

Hello, there is no way to restore your purchases, I bought Steam version and also bought a carenado airplane… now I use FS2020 Store Version and I am not able to download the airplane. I tried to contact Carenado support but they say that they are not able to help because that a MS issue, then I contacted MS support and confirmed that store versions are not compatible even when you use the same gamertag… This should not work like this, but right now there is nothing we can do

OK, thanks for the info!

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Doesn't Gamepass have a "Link you account" section that mentions steam?

Don't know if that includes purchases, since I never tried it, but its something to look at.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5