Sign in to follow this  
ark

Shift+Z and HandleBar Issues

1 hour ago, Fielder said:

It is there in the HandleBar, also can be refueled in flight. The problem is that a lot people will leave the flight while still in the air thinking to come back later. But when they restart then the HandleBar is gone and fuel and weather and time of day are gone with it. But you could edit two files to get all that back when you restart. If you land and then quit, then the HandleBar will  be there when you come back. It's a good time to refuel.

Could you share info on what files to edit?

Robin

3 hours ago, Fielder said:

I have none of the problems in this thread

Well that's certainly interesting. I don't know why it would make a difference, but are you using the Steam or MS version of MSFS? I have the MS version -- just looking for some possible explanation for why some are having the above problems and some not.

Thx,

Al

ark: I'm using the steam version.

4 hours ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Could you share info on what files to edit?

Sorry was busy or would have posted sooner.

I found out in the readme when I purchased Northern Idaho Bush Trips by Michael Bonocore. But the procedure works for any bush trip, just the folders won't be named Idaho etc. The folder (Activities) will have a different path for a Steam version.

=> Bonocore's readme also tells you how to change the plane you are flying in any bush trip (you can swap planes after any leg).

WEATHER BUG FIX

- There appears to be some strange behavior with the autosave functionality. If you crash or leave the bush trip to come back to later,
your ability to edit weather while flying disappears. If this happens, follow these steps.

-Shut down MSFS
     -Open both NORTHIDAHOBUSHTRIP_SAVE.flt and NORTHIDAHOBUSHTRIP_SAVE_0001.flt (or whichever leg was your last completed) from your Activities folder.
       This should be located at C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES\NORTHIDAHOBUSHTRIP_SAVE
     -If you have a folder in that directory called AUTOSAVE, open the NORTHIDAHOBUSHTRIP_AUTOSAVE.flt file as well.
     - In all of the open .flt files, change the Weather section to only include two items. It should look like this:

[Weather]
      UseLiveWeather=True
      WeatherCanBeLive=True

-Save all files.
     -Open MSFS and load the North Idaho Bush Trip.
     -You should now see the weather icon in the top menu while in flight. If you don't, repeat the steps above and restart MSFS.
      *Important* Set time before setting date. If you change the time, it will revert back to the default date and may not be editable again.
      *For future legs, If you plan on leaving the bush trip for a while, after landing, make sure to click the button to start the next leg. This step should eliminate the need to edit the AUTOSAVE.flt file. You should only have to edit the two .flt files in the MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES\ folder listed above.

CHANGE PLANES

-Shut down MSFS
     -Open both NORTHIDAHOBUSHTRIP_SAVE.flt and NORTHIDAHOBUSHTRIP_SAVE_0001.flt (or whichever leg was your last completed) from your Activities folder.
       This should be located at C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES\NORTHIDAHOBUSHTRIP_SAVE
     -If you have a folder in that directory called AUTOSAVE, open the NORTHIDAHOBUSHTRIP_AUTOSAVE as well.
     -Open the NORTHIDAHOBUSHTRIP.flt file in the NORTHIDAHOBUSHTRIP package in the Community folder
     - In all of the open .flt files, change the plane in the below section

[Sim.0]
          Sim=Asobo XCub

- If you are unsure of what the plane text should be, start a free flight with the plane of your choice and save the .flt file somewhere on your hard drive. Open it and find the above      section and copy the name of the plane (exactly!) you want to use.

Endquote

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

It's a whole lot quicker to do than it sounds after done a couple times. Sometimes there is that 3rd file to change (instead of 2) if you have the Autosave folder. I think an autosave folder only appears if you quit in the middle of a leg, if I remember correctly.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

For steam the Activities folder path is:

C:\Users\tions\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\fs-base\widgets\Activities

Community

C:\Users\tions\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community

Microsoft Flight Simulator folder (where the UserCfg.opt file is to edit LoD and so forth

C:\Users\tions\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\

I created a new Windows Toolbar to hold all these and other MSFS links to boot the game, boot steam, addon plane's PDF files etc., boot up LilNavMap, etc.

20 hours ago, ark said:

Just to be clear, I think you will find the Shift+Z key combo will work after you use the icon on the popup toolbar at least once. I 'll try to check with the developer of the Shift+Z mod to see if that is how he intended it to work.

Below is the response from the Shift+Z developer on why the Shift+Z key combo does not work until you click at least once on the popup toolbar icon.

Al

"Yes, that's a side effect of the changes Asobo made to the user interface (UI) in SU5. Custom add-ons in the toolbar are not running until the user enables them manually. Thereafter, the code is running like before the update."

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, captain420 said:

How do you refuel when you land?

Pull up next to a fuel pump 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1