Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ADFGVX

P3D V 5.2 (no HF) extremely erratic /'random' behavior

I have been using Prepar3D v5 for almost three months now and have since acquired quite a few add ons,such as all PMDG aircraft, Fslabs A 320, Maddog x, A2a Connie,B17, Bonanza, MJC Q400, and the whole ORBX global range.

The last time I changed anything (both minor and major; I have not even moved a slider since) was two weeks ago, however since four days the sim is behaving very strangely and it is honestly frustrating.

This behavior includes: the ATC window (deafult ATC) opens without me doing anything and random views switching (unprompted switching from VC view to mostly top down, locked spot or spot),both of these things happen without clear intervals with 'issue-free' time ranging from barely a minute to few hours (not more than 2.5 hours so far)

I also noticed that with the Fslabs Airbus and the MJC Q400 the view issue is more common during descent below 10000 ft/approach phase while with other aicraft it happens more frequently in cruise, although it is only a minor tendency and maybe not worth noting

My specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 6 cores @3,6 GHz, GPU:Nvidia RTX 2070 Super 8 GB VRAM, 24 GB DDR 5 RAM (ASUS ROG STRIX), 1 TB HDD (where P3D s main folder is), 111 GB SSD, 450 GB M2 SSD (where P3Ds addon folder is)

I would be very thankful if anyone could offer me some help or even a possible solution

Regards

Tobias

32 minutes ago, ADFGVX said:

Thanks for ignoring

Hi Tobias

Couple of things to try:

Have you excluded your P3D Root Folder and Addons from your your AV?

Updated video-card drivers? Windows Updates?

Have you also checked for conflicts with your hardware and the default P3D Control assignments and settings? Are you using any camera addons such as Chaseplane or Ezdok?

I doubt this is an issue with P3D, it's probably some hardware or driver playing havoc. I have had stability issues with P3D when 5.0 came out, but as of 5.2 I've never seen (or heard for that matter) any of the erratic behaviors you're having. If you are able to rule out hardware, then there really isn't anything much to offer, except clearing generated files or reinstalling the entire simulator. 

18 hours ago, Tokitaumelie said:

Hi Tobias

Couple of things to try:

Have you excluded your P3D Root Folder and Addons from your your AV?

Updated video-card drivers? Windows Updates?

Have you also checked for conflicts with your hardware and the default P3D Control assignments and settings? Are you using any camera addons such as Chaseplane or Ezdok?

1) I dont have any AV excpet the stock Windows Defender, so I doubt there are any conflicts

2)I just updated to a new game ready driver, and,as if P3D wanted to hit me in the face, the view change happened after 5 min in sim. Windows is also up to date.

3) The only peripheral hardware elements I use are mouse, keyboard and joystick (logitech extreme 3d pro, so no fancy and complex setup which demands meticulous configuration), also no chaseplane and the like

I want to apologize for my remark above, at that moment I was just really frustrated as the issue is plaguing me since two months and sometimes stays absent for whole sessions,giving me false hope

17 hours ago, arwasairl said:

I doubt this is an issue with P3D, it's probably some hardware or driver playing havoc. I have had stability issues with P3D when 5.0 came out, but as of 5.2 I've never seen (or heard for that matter) any of the erratic behaviors you're having. If you are able to rule out hardware, then there really isn't anything much to offer, except clearing generated files or reinstalling the entire simulator. 

Thanks for your reply,

yes I see its a very uinque (in the worst possible way) issue, and I am sure if it was for a easy determinable cause I would have fixed it myself. The thing that left and keeps leaving me puzzled is that it all came out of nowhere, at a point where the last change I made ( and by that I also include things as harmless as changing the volume) was at least two weeks ago, so IMO it shoud have happened sooner, like that there is simply no correlation

Hi Tobias,

Issues such as this can be extremely frustrating. I think you need to eliminate a possible hardware/mechanical cause as your first priority. Try running with only the keyboard and mouse and return all controller assignments to their defaults. If you still experience problems then it might be worth testing with another keyboard and/or mouse. 

Regards,

Mike

So , I figured after having tried the suggested things I report back on how it went, I know it's been quite a while. Unfortunately nothing has changed, with the same really annyoing ever changing pattern

Believe it or not the keyboard, mouse, and or joystick can cause random issues like this.  I would try to change each out with a different unit (keyboard/mouse), and try to keep the joystick unplugged and use a different joystick or gamepad if possible to see if it eliminates the issue.

Alan

First of all, thanks for the reply. I tried it without my joystick just before I wrote the last post here.. no luck

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.