Sign in to follow this  
roadrabbit149

Avro York FS2004 Compatibility

Hi,

Using P3Dv4.5 I was able to get the Avsim Library Avro York up to a reasonable running state a couple of years back. Revisiting the aircraft now I have run itno a problem: the textures are rendered in bmp image format. I am now unable to open these images at all with the various apps and keep getting the message "Error: unable to open this format" or similar. I think this is because the format used is no longer supported under Windows 10 because even Microsoft Photos cannot open these files. Is there a way to convert these bmp images into another, usable, format? I have searched online, but the only app I tried gave the message: "Error encounterd - unable to continue".

I have a feeling I am chasing shadows here, but would be grateful for any advice.

Intel i9900K @ 3.60 GHz, nVidia RTX 2080i (11 GB RAM onboard),
32 GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 1TB SSD, 500 GB SSD, ASUSTek Z390-Plus Mobo
(LGA1151); Running P3Dv5.4, MSFS2020 and XPlane11;

I’d google “old bmp editor freeware” and see what I see. 

FWIW. YMMV. TANSTAAFL.

-B

Hi,

Search for "BMPDXT" - that application will take care of you.

Mark

roadrabbit149 - if this is the York that was done by Manfred Jahn for MS2004 it will not work in P3DV5 or later. I managed to talk to Manfred about it some time ago and it needs an internal model to work, given the age of it and the fact with the arrival of MSFS he has stopped all sim model work - that is that. And he has no interest in MSFS either. Dissappointing as the York was a beauty in a 32 bit environement but is a no go in 64 bit. Not the only one to give it up lately!