Sign in to follow this  
BEARlyThereCDN

Sound Help Please

I had this problem with FSX and I don't recall the solution. I can hear all of the aircraft sounds but I can't hear my AI co pilot or ATC talking. What is the correct setting please?

Windows 10 PC.

The only time I couldn't hear ATC it was because I had not turned up the volume on COM 1 in the cockpit. That was in the Just Flight Turbo Arrow.

Do you have this issue with all the planes?

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

In MSFS options, there is a setting to assign a different audio device for communication e.g. you can assign the engine en environment sounds to speakers and communication/atc to a headset.
Perhaps you have set it up that way?

There is also a seperate volume slider for the communications volume so you could check that as well.

Another cause could be, as the previous poster says, that the volume of the com1 radio is turned down, but for default aircraft I don't expect it is turned of or way down unless you do it every flight yourself.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

11 hours ago, BEARlyThereCDN said:

Now I have someone "talking" to me when I hover over something. I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!!! 🤪 LoL

That is the "Enable Screen Narrator" setting. Turn it off. Has nothing to do with ATC voice. Sorry, don't know why you don't hear the ATC voice. Settings for that look good.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.