Sign in to follow this  
hvw

Joystick input not recognized

Hi guys.

I am a long-time fan of your products and have purchased almost everything. But this time I am somewhat disappointed. You were obviously in a hurry. Unlike previous products, the interface is very unfriendly!

If it is impossible to assign a joystick button, then how did the previous button version work? At least return this option for the button version. What we have now is VERY inconvenient!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, UHPP said:

Hi guys.

I am a long-time fan of your products and have purchased almost everything. But this time I am somewhat disappointed. You were obviously in a hurry. Unlike previous products, the interface is very unfriendly!

If it is impossible to assign a joystick button, then how did the previous button version work? At least return this option for the button version. What we have now is VERY inconvenient!

I would respectfully disagree.  I think the Interface method is our best, but it is new so it just takes a bit of getting used to.  

You can assign a joystick button via FSUIPC.

Due to a bug in MSFS Simconnect, it's impossible to currently use a direct joystick button assignment.  The problem is Simconnect for MSFS does not currently recognize when you have released the joystick button.  We're hoping Asobo fixes that.

Only other way is to try to connect joystick buttons to FS events like we did in other versions, but in MSFS there's no "repeat" function in events like there was in FSX/P3D to simulate a PTT key.

I always used the "button control" versions of all products since FSX. I'm flying at daytime only and can't "get out of RL" with a headset on my ears.
 And the two buttons on the left side of my Saitek Yoke (beneath the Coolie Hat) are reserved 'forever' for the "main and secondary button" of every FS2Crew-Crew. 🥰

So I reeeeaaalllyy would appreciate it, if you could find a way to have theese two buttons assigned to a stock function of the MSFS again (like the cowl flaps in the former A320 Crew).
For the "Button control" version we don't need a push to talk key (we're not talking, we push buttons 😆) and for the rest I'm fine using the mouse (I do in PBE and it's perfect).

I also don't use FSUPIC anymore. I had to use it for the ACARS tool of my VA at first, but since a while everything works fine with SimConnect (not the LVAR thing, but..).

But before I close my "begging post"...
Bryan (and your team): You did a phantastic job with the new versions! 💖
The interface with the INFO screen might scare some FS2Crew-Newbies, but I think they get used to it very fast. I always liked the visuals of the PMDG B737 Interface most of all earlier versions, but the new one is "neutral" and a perfect fit for any upcoming products, I think.

Thank you very much, it was worth waiting since June! 👍

Edited by LHA850
  • Like 3

I'm glad to hear you like it 😉  The positive words of encouragement help. 

Developing and supporting complex addons for a very diverse and complex user group in an eco system that could only be described as jungle like is not easy.

For button control, we can bring back the "cowl flap" method for joystick button like we had in Flight Crew A320.

We'll do that for V1.1.

It's not the prettiest method, but it worked and we can use until until Asobo fixes Simconnect.

I don't think we'll be able to do the same for the PTT key since it relies on a "repeat" function (because you're holding not just clicking).  But we'll see.

Cheers,

Edited by byork
  • Like 3

Just to add my 10c  - I too am a Button only fan, so am a +1 on this also.  -  

Also echo my sentiments with the work as always Mr. York. 

Liam

• Like 1

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

36 minutes ago, Lairyliam said:

Just to add my 10c  - I too am a Button only fan, so am a +1 on this also.  -  

Also echo my sentiments with the work as always Mr. York. 

Liam

Hi Liam,

We're working on it.

Cheers,

• Like 1