Sign in to follow this  
byork

FAQs and QUICK HELP!

FS2Crew FBW A32NX FAQs and Quick Help:

Question: MSFS is crashing when I attempt to load it.

Answer: Delete your EXE.xml file (but make a backup first!), then re-install FS2Crew.  FS2Crew will generate a fresh new EXE.xml.

We've received reports that the FSUIPC installer is corrupting the EXE.xml with invalid characters, causing the crash for some users, and we wrongly get blamed 😉

To learn where the EXE.xml is located, please see this post:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/start-multiple-programs-on-msfs-startup-with-this-exe-xml-tip/350698

Question: Do I need to use the latest Development version of the FBW A32NX.

Answer: Yes, you do!  If you don't use the Dev version, FS2Crew won't function 100 percent properly.

Question: After loading the FS2Crew FBW, the panels are messed up.

Answer: Check your Firewall and ensure FS2Crew is being allowed to pass through it.  If your Firewall is blocking FS2Crew, FS2Crew will not function probably.

Add FS2Crew your your Firewall's whitelist if you have an issue!

Question: Every time I run the program, the programs asks me to re-enter my license code.

Answer: Your firewall could be blocking our program(s), so try with your firewall off.  You may need to exclude FS2Crew in your firewall, but generally you shouldn't have to.

Also, right click on the FS2Crew EXE(s) and select "Always run as an Administrator" in the compatibility tab if you're not running in an Admin account.

All FS2Crew MSFS programs are located in the Program Files X86 files.

Also, it appears if you change your OverClock setting on the fly, this will result in multiple hardware ID's being generated for your computer, which would trip up the license system.

Question: The FBW is acting weird.

Answer: Use an official stock FBW livery.  Some 3rd party FBW liveries are corrupt and they can introduce odd behavior into the aircraft.

So when trouble shooting, always using an original stock FBW livery!

Question: When I open the Command Center, there's a message in red text referring to an EXE.xml problem.  Also, FS2Crew gives me a WASM error message about 7 seconds after the FS2Crew FBW panel opens up.

Answer:

That message will appear if:

1. WASM (our data reading module) fails.

2. Your EXE.xml is corrupt, resulting in the FS2Crew Command Center exe not autoloading when MSFS starts.

3. You have an outdated version of WASM and the Command Center in your Community folder.

4. You have a corrupt 3rd party livery for the FBW.

5. You are not running MSFS with Administrator rights.

Solution 1: 

If this happened only after you returned to the Main MSFS window from the FBW cockpit, restart MSFS cleanly.  If you ever exit to the MSFS menu, ensure the FS2Crew Panel is closed first.  That's important.  Do not exit to the MSFS menu with the FS2Crew panel still open.  Close the FS2Crew panel first!

Solution 2:

For whatever reason, your FS2Crew WASM and COMMAND CENTER folders were not updated in the COMMUNITY FOLDER.  So you're essentially running old versions.

You can check what version of WASM you're running by clicking the ABOUT box in the FS2Crew Info Center.  For displayed WASM version, it should say Version 1.0 or later.  If it says V0.0.0.2, you have the old version and things won't work.

Please do this:

1. Go to your MSFS COMMUNITY FOLDER.

2. Manually delete the two FS2Crew folders you see:

fs2crew-cmd-center

and:

fs2crew-data-proc

Solution 3:

Reinstall FS2Crew (FBW or Pushback Express V2.2 or later).

Check that the two folders mentioned above were re-created.

Then restart your computer, load MSFS and try again.

Solution 4:

We've had report of corrupt 3rd party liveries causing some issues, so always test with a stock FBW livery.

Solution 5:

Ensure MSFS is run with Admin rights.  If MSFS is not run with Administrator rights, the FS2Crew Command Center will not load (autostart) via the EXE.xml.

Question: I never got my serial code.

Answer: If our licensing server is having a bad day and you never get your serial code (you generally should get it instantly after ordering), just send us a friendly message via the FS2Crew website Contact Us page and we'll manually create a code for you.

Your serial code is viewable via your on-line account.

Question: I want to use FS2Crew on a 2nd computer, but the license is machine bound to 1 computer.

Answer: Please contact us directly for assistance.  

Question: I tried to start Pushback Express via the PBE button on the FS2Crew Main Panel, but it wouldn't load.

Answer: Make sure you run FS2Crew A32NX with full ADMIN rights if you're not in an Admin account.  Right click on the FS2Crew FBW Project .exe, select PROPERTIES, select COMPATIBILITY and select "run this program as an administrator".

The EXE is located here:

Program Files (x86)\FS2Crew FBW A32NX\FS2Crew A32NX Project.exe

Also, ensure you have Pushback Express version 2.2 or later installed.    

Question: I ask for "Flaps 2", but the FO says "Are you sure?"

Answer: Ensure you only have one FBW A32NX aircraft installed in your Community folder (the latest Development version only).  Do not install multiple different versions of the aircraft at the same time under different folder names.

Question: The program hangs when I try to register with my serial.

Answer: Do not include any accent marks or special characters in your name. 

Question: Where's the manual?

Answer: Since 99 percent of people don't read manuals (sorry to you elite 1 percenters), we decided to try something experimental in the FBW version.

Instead of a traditional manual, we decided to try presenting the required information to users in real-time via the new ASSIST Panels, which basically tell you what to do and when... it essentially tries to guide you a long and hold your hand as best we can.

You still have to do some thinking though.  Don't turn off your brain entirely 😉

However, if you still need help, a small Button Control tutorial is available in the top pinned thread.

Question: I have speech recognition issues.

Answer: Read this- https://fs2crew.com/fs2crew-voice-control-setup-help/

Question: I'm lost.

Answer.  Aren't we all... But if you're new to FS2Crew, I strongly suggest starting with Button Control.  It's easier than Voice Control because there's no speech recognition involved and all you have to do is go down a linear path.

Once you have the FS2Crew concept down (basically it's all about checklists and flows and understanding the triggers for the flows), then it's pretty easy, and you can move up to Voice Control.

Also, FS2Crew is trying to be a realistic Airbus crew simulation.  It's not meant to be Voice Buddy.  Mind you, you can never model the million nuances involved in human interaction on a desktop computer, but we try to create the sense that you're flying in an Airbus with another pilot (the Pilot Monitoring slash FO) using technically correct procedures, callouts, flows, etc., based on the Airbus FCOM and FCTM as best we can.

Is it a stand in for real-world training?  Of course not, that would be delusional to even suggest such a thing.  When you're training in the real-world, you'll have a human partner and you'll be in a simulator or a cockpit mockup trying to condition your hands where to go and your eyes where to look.  You'll also be spending most of your time running failures.  You can't really do that on a desktop computer.

Our product is meant for flight simmers who want to add a new layer of immersion to their flights.  That's our goal.   

That said, if there's something you don't understand, just ask.  You're paying for the support.  Use it.

Question: I want to use an open mic for Voice Control.

Answer.  Check OPEN MIC mode on the Settings Panel.

Question: FS2Crew crashes when I load it (ERROR! - configuration system failed to initialize" or  an "Unable to read XML" message box or some other strange error.

Answer: One user experienced this once.  His MSFS crashed and the crash seem to have corrupted a file created by Window's used to save our panel's location.

Go here:

C:\Users\***your user name****\AppData\Local\A

*Note: The "A" is not cutoff.  It's just "A".

Delete any FS2Crew related folders you see (includes Pushback Express).
You can safely delete them all.

They'll be recreated when you run the program again.

Question: Events are being triggered in the climb phase that should only happen during descent.

Answer: Only pass control to the FO when you are ready to setup for the approach in cruise.  Passing control to the FO puts FS2Crew into descent mode.

Question: FS2Crew crashes on load.  Looking at the error report, it refers to: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The requested operation requires elevation.

Answer: 
Ensure Microsoft Flight Simulator is run with ADMIN rights
if you have this issue.

Question: Where is the list of the voice commands?

Answer: Press the INFO button in the FS2Crew panel.  That will open the INFO CENTER.  All available voice commands are listed there, as well as FO flows and other info.

An "print" button is available in the Info Center should you want to print the associated info out.

Question: CHECKLIST ASSIST never refers to the APPROACH CHECKLIST.

Answer: The trigger is running the altimeter cross check in the descent.  Passing the Transition Level, set the local altimeter.  In voice control, speak: "QNH XXXX Set", where XXXX is the local altimeter, for example, 2944.  After the FO/PM speaks: "Passing XXXX.... Now!", speak "Checked".  That is the que for the APPROACH CHECKLIST to appear in CHECKLIST ASSIST.

Question: FS2Crew says there's no internet connection.

Answer: Try disabling your anti-virus program to isolate.  Some anti-virus programs can be over-aggressive.  Ensure your anti-virus program excludes the FS2Crew EXE's.

Question: FS2Crew crashes a few seconds after loading it.  I ran the .NET Repair tool from Microsoft.  It said there were some problems with my .NET install.

Answer: One user had this issue.  His Windows had some some problems and he fixed them using this program:   https://advancedsystemrepair.com/

Question: FS2Crew is not auto-advancing in Button Control.

Answer: If you de-selected "Enable FO Flows", you will need to manually advance to the next step in certain circumstances (i.e., after the Flight Control check).  Easies solution is just to re-enable FO Flows on the Config Panel.

Question: FS2Crew keeps picking up speech commands (especially FMA call outs... the FO says "checked" a lot) even though nothing is being spoken.

Answer: You may also have a web cam on your computer that has a mic.  You may not even be aware of it, but your webcam's mic may be running and detecting sound (such as aircraft noise, which be  incorrectly detected as speech).  So make sure your web cam mic or any other audio input device is off.

As of V1.1, you can also use Hard Mute to disable speech recognition via the button here:

hard_mute.png

Question: I see FBW in the TaskManager, but there's no panel on the screen.

Answer: Sometimes Windows likes to save Windows Forms based programs on different monitors.  So it's running but you just can't see because Windows put it on another monitor.  Check you other monitors and drag it back to your main monitor.  You may need to do this via your Windows Display settings panel where you can duplicate screens, etc.

Edited by byork
  • Like 1

If you are a newbie reading this for help, please view the pinned post titled “So I wrote a tutorial for FS2Crew newbies” where you will find a link to a clearly written (translation: step-by-step with photos) tutorial to help you learn how to dance with this program and FBW’s A32NX. Grateful for, and very impressed with, FS2Crews support of their customers.

• Like 2