Sign in to follow this  
byork

So I wrote a tutorial for the FS2Crew newbies

Guys,

I know some of you who are not familiar with that we're trying to do may have been a bit blown away by it all, even with the ASSIST panel there to guide you along.

Fair enough.

So I spent the last few hours writing a little tutorial for the new people that covers Cold and Dark to Taxi.

I wrote it in a conversational style with lots of pictures, so it's very easy to read. 

It's not dry and technical.

Hopefully if you're going "What's a flow?... I'm completely lost in the woods here..." then my little guide will help clear things up for you.

It covers Button Control only.  Remember if you're new to FS2Crew, you should be starting with Button Control anyway before advancing to Voice Control.

Link:

https://downloads.fs2crew.com/fs2crew_downloads/tutorials/FS2Crew_FBW_Tutorial1.zip

Edited by byork
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 1

Sir, thank you for creating this document to help myself and others, I am very grateful for your help with my learning how to use this program! Heading to the link now, and I confess…sending it to my printer! Again, thank you for taking the time to prepare this document!  Brian

WOW! Thank you! This is going to be so helpful!!! Thank you!  I also see that my FS2Crew Main Panel is too scrunched (it has been a challenge to make out all the letters under the top row buttons). I remember reading a solution to that in a post in the forum - going to look for that post and solution now. Grateful for this extra help, Sir. I’m sure once we newbies to your software learn the dance to get to the runway holding point we will be well prepared to use it all the way through the flight.  Brian

5 hours ago, brianben said:

WOW! Thank you! This is going to be so helpful!!! Thank you!  I also see that my FS2Crew Main Panel is too scrunched (it has been a challenge to make out all the letters under the top row buttons). I remember reading a solution to that in a post in the forum - going to look for that post and solution now. Grateful for this extra help, Sir. I’m sure once we newbies to your software learn the dance to get to the runway holding point we will be well prepared to use it all the way through the flight.  Brian

The text touching the icons in the FS2Crew panel is an auto-sizing/screen resolution issue we'll fix in v1.1.  It affects some users, but not all. 

As you can see in the screen shots I took in the Tutorial manual, the text doesn't touch the icon graphic on my computer... but I'm using a TV for a monitor at the moment.

Thanks a lot for this manual, Bryan, but I found a typo. The correct acronym is DIFRIPPS.

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Bryan: Thank you for letting me know about the text size future solution. I finally did find the comment that I remembered reading as I read my way through this forum, but found it really didn’t address my text size situation, but you were addressing how to adjust the window size; at least I was a little close to the topic!  (It was your Tuesday post at 12:26pm on page 2 in the Preliminary Feedback topic). Thank you for looking into this really non-crucial item with a future update. Again, thank you for such a fast turn-around on the tutorial; VERY much appreciated. -Brian. (FYI: I added a reply to the “FAQ” topic directing them to this topic thread for your document in case other newbies look there to get some intel. Know you might have that on your list to add to the FAQs but also know you are extremely busy addressing other topics so thought I would slap a bandaid on that thread to cover it until perhaps you decide to add it to your post one day (and then delete my reply); apologies if I overstepped.  Brian

5 minutes ago, hvw said:

Thanks a lot for this manual, Bryan, but I found a typo. The correct acronym is DIFRIPPS.

Airbus frequently changes stuff.

But I did make a typo:

It should be DIFSRIP

Unless Airbus changed it again. 

6 minutes ago, byork said:

Airbus frequently changes stuff.

But I did make a typo:

It should be DIFSRIP

Unless Airbus changed it again. 

It seems that both acronyms are being used. I guess it is depending on company rules as well. Here's one for UAL

Edited by hvw
amendment

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Thaaaaank you Bryan ! That manual helps a lot. I really love FS2Crew for the flybywire Airbus. I already have the old normal version. In the old version you could -instead of pushing a keyboard button- make the next steps with a botton of my thrustmaster Cougar (the configuration was easy in msfs2020 because you using the "decrease or increase cowl flaps" for this). Unfortunatley it this "trick" now not possible anymore in your new Flybywire Version :(

Is there a possibility to use this next times in an update ? Because its very cool for VR Flights (with just hands on the joysticks). 

There are still some issues, but I guess its normal in Version 1.0 and weekly update by the flybywire developer versions ;)

best greets

toby