Sign in to follow this  
pmb

Aerosoft Simple Traffic might become rescued

23 hours ago, biohazard3d said:

Hi there. Sorry about the mess. You could share Easy airlines download link+matching aircraft with default live traffic, but version 1.2. Thanks

I had this installed at one time and was happy with it.  However, I recently reinstalled (for other reasons) and it no longer works.  This may be due to SU5 and/or the license issues associated with the package.  Either way, it is unfortunate, the only route for me at this point will the payware coming soon hopefully.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

On 8/25/2021 at 9:22 AM, Phantoms said:

This is from a while back, but one of these may be helpful.

Thanks, but I tried this also, I think SU5 broke it.

Mi

On 8/26/2021 at 4:34 PM, Mike S KPDX said:

Thanks, but I tried this also, I think SU5 broke it.

Mike, It should still work but you might have to change from modifying them in the folders that's mentioned in the videos. Instead modify them into the generic folders, the ones you posted:

On 8/24/2021 at 6:16 PM, Mike S KPDX said:

Just to add on here, these are the liveries I am talking about.  We all have them and there are only 8 of them;

MSFS Official Directory

asobo-aircraft-generic-airliner-quadengines
this contains only 4 texture files
TEXTURE
TEXTURE.01
TEXTURE.02
TEXTURE.03

It would be cool for me at least, to have these be liveries for American, Northwest, Hawaiian, and United

asobo-aircraft-generic-airliner-twinengines
this contains only 4 texture files
TEXTURE
TEXTURE.01
TEXTURE.02
TEXTURE.03

It would be cool for me at least, to have these be liveries for American, Southwest, Delta, and United

This is what I find interesting, there are literally a thousand liveries paints on the web for MSFS, but these 8 seem to have some magic associated with them, just not sure why.

So basically you have 4 ai for the quads (TEXTURE, TEXTURE.01, TEXTURE.02, TEXTURE.03) and 4 ai for the twins that you can replace with textures from any liveries you want that match the plane.

Edited by Phantoms

James

54 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Mi

Mike, It should still work but you might have to change from modifying them in the folders that's mentioned in the videos. Instead modify them into the generic folders, the ones you posted:

So basically you have 4 ai for the quads (TEXTURE, TEXTURE.01, TEXTURE.02, TEXTURE.03) and 4 ai for the twins that you can replace with textures from any liveries you want that match the plane.

Thanks, but what I am seeing is that the textures (from the video, ie Megapack) will no longer match up with the MS default aircraft - thus a CTD or freeze.  I dont believe the megapack paints work with the current default generic aircraft, there is a mismatch since SU5.

10 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Thanks, but what I am seeing is that the textures (from the video, ie Megapack) will no longer match up with the MS default aircraft - thus a CTD or freeze.  I dont believe the megapack paints work with the current default generic aircraft, there is a mismatch since SU5.

Good to know. I haven't done it that way in quite a while (everytime MSFS updates it resets files) and don't have the megapack files anymore.

James

On 8/28/2021 at 6:59 PM, Mike S KPDX said:

Mike, something in another thread triggered a thought.  Do you have your Generic AI set to on?

SETTINGS > TRAFFIC > AI AND MULTIPLAYER TRAFFIC DETAIL > USE GENERIC PLANE MODELS (AI TRAFFIC) = ON

I'm not saying that's the issue but just wanted to throw that out there. If you're replacing the liveries for the Generic models then you must make sure they are turned on.

Edited by Phantoms

James

4 hours ago, Phantoms said:

Mike, something in another thread triggered a thought.  Do you have your Generic AI set to on?

SETTINGS > TRAFFIC > AI AND MULTIPLAYER TRAFFIC DETAIL > USE GENERIC PLANE MODELS (AI TRAFFIC) = ON

I'm not saying that's the issue but just wanted to throw that out there. If you're replacing the liveries for the Generic models then you must make sure they are turned on.

Thank you, yes this did help quite a bit.  I have also since found the SU5 'layout generator' from flightsim.to  to help with both the FBW and default aircraft to bring everything up to standard.  So as of today, all seems working pretty well for my needs.  It seems that AIG will not release a 'partial' package (its either all or nothing) and I have no idea where Areosoft is on this.  However, for someone like me who just wanted to see the default generic colors replaced with some common north american liveries, I think I am at a sweet spot know. 

• Like 1