Sign in to follow this  
lucagigli

Command centre doesn't. work, I've tried everything!

Hello. I need an help. The application Command Centre in the MSFS toolbar does not work, I launch it, but there is an error message about a corrupt xml file. I read the forum and used all the proposed solutions: I deleted the directories in Community and reinstalled PBE as administrator, I have edited manually the exe.xml file which has no errors, I used the Commandcentresetup application, I double checked the exe.xml file and I found no errors, Commandcventre in Program Files has the "Run as administrator" flag. When I load MSFS halfway FsUipc activates, but I don't see FsCommandcentre activating. In the xml file there are AFCBridge for Honeycomb Bravo throttle and it works, so the xml fil works. I don't know what to do anymore. I transcribe below the contents of exe.xml to check. PBE is version 2.2. You can help me? Pushback express launched from the computer works, it is only the application in the MSFS toolbar that does not work.

Fs2Crew1.jpg

Here is my exe.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
    <Descr>SimConnect</Descr>
    <Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Logitech Microsoft Flight Simulator Plugin</Name>
        <Path>C:\Program Files\Logitech\Microsoft Flight Simulator Plugin\LogiMicrosoftFlightSimulator.exe</Path>
        <CommandLine>-r</CommandLine>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>AFCBridge</Name>
        <Path>G:\MSFSPackages\community\AFC_Bridge\bin\AFC_Bridge.exe</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
                <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
                <Name>FSUIPC7</Name>
                <Path>G:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe</Path>
                <CommandLine>-auto</CommandLine>
                <NewConsole>False</NewConsole>
        </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>FS2Crew Command Center</Name>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\FS2Crew Command Center\FS2CrewCommandCenter.exe</Path>
        <CommandLine></CommandLine>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Thank you for your help

Luca

Italy

Edited by lucagigli
screenshot added

The XML file is very sensitive.  Any invalid character and it doesn't work.

Your XML file looks okay, but it's hard to tell.  It's very a finicky file.

Confirm you don't see the little red airplane nose icon (that's the FS2Crew Command Center exe) in your taskbar.

It should appear about half way through the MSFS start.

If you don't see the red red airplane nose icon, please do this:

1. Backup your EXE.xml file.

2. Delete your EXE.xml file.

3. Re-install FS2Crew.  It will auto generate a new EXE.xml file (a fresh one with only the FS2Crew entry on it).

4. Reload MSFS.  Do you see the little red airplane icon in the tasbar?

If so, you know the problem was with the EXE xml having some invalid characters on it.

If the FS2Crew Command Center works, then you can just manually copy and paste the other addons back onto the exe.xml.

Let me know.

Cheers,

Edited by byork

Sorry for the time, but I've been busy with work and couldn't do the test. Now I've done it, but unfortunately it doesn't work. I followed your instructions, but when loading MSFS the icon does not appear on the taskbar and later in the flight, when I launch the PBE application, it always responds with the same error as the xml.exe file. I insert below the content of xml.exe that PBE had created completely new. I do not know what to do.

Thank you

Luca

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FS2Crew Command Center</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\FS2Crew Command Center\FS2CrewCommandCenter.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine></CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

If the little red airplane nose icon doesn't appear half way through the MSFS load, it means the FS2Crew Command Center EXE never auto started when MSFS loaded.

If you're running a clean EXE.xml (no corruption on it), then the other possibility for this issue is this:

Are you running MSFS with Admin rights?

MSFS needs to be run with Admin rights.

If you still get that error message, send me a support ticket and I'll help you via a Remote Desktop.

Ciao,

I don't run MSFS with admin rights, because Microsoft said that Marketplace didn't work. Sometimes I run it directly but without administrator rights, other times I run it via FsUipc with administrator rights, but it doesn't resolve. I'll do the test anyway and I'll tell you.

Thanks

Luca

Fixed by running the simulator with admin rights. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the help, but I remembered that MS said not to launch Msfs with administrator rights because otherwise Marketplace did not work, maybe now the thing is solved, I don't know.

Thanks again

Luca

1 hour ago, lucagigli said:

Fixed by running the simulator with admin rights. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the help, but I remembered that MS said not to launch Msfs with administrator rights because otherwise Marketplace did not work, maybe now the thing is solved, I don't know.

Thanks again

Luca

Hi Luca,

Glad it's resolved for you.

Doubt MSFS would ever say that.  99 percent of all people are running MSFS with Admin rights by default.

21 hours ago, byork said:

Hi Luca,

Glad it's resolved for you.

Doubt MSFS would ever say that.  99 percent of all people are running MSFS with Admin rights by default.

One year ago it was so, believe me: I've bought some addons and only that way Marketplace worked. It was solved, probably 🙂

You can take a look here, official support site one year ago (scroll down rthe page) https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016366680-Microsoft-Store-Error-message-Purchase-failed-

"

DO NOT RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

If you always launch Microsoft Flight Simulator as admin, try to launch the sim without selecting "Run as administrator."

It's strange that running Msfs launching FsUicp as admin, Msfs doesn't run as admin.

Thank you

Luca