Sign in to follow this  
John Fields

WT G1000 NXI does not work with LOGITECH PANEL

Hi,

I have installed the WT G1000 NXI and I have verified that it doesn't work with Logitech Multi Panel (AP).

The Panel is not working. Useless.

I'm really worried because I have read that it will come by default in the next update.

I hope this update inclusion won't add another problem to the ones I already have now in MSFS.

Anyone has tried the WT G1000 NXI with Logitech Multi Panel? 

Thank you.

Edited by John Fields

John, the issue is simple. The logitech plugins is mapped directly to specific SimVar. The GT1000 Nxi is using what we callled LVARS or Custom SimVar that the logitech plugins will never support. So what you need to do get the list of all the LVARS from WT and use a software like FSUIPC or Spad.next to re-mapped your logitech panel to the proper LVARS.

Edited by fogboundturtle
  • Like 3

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

2 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

John, the issue is simple. The logitech plugins is mapped directly to specific SimVar. The GT1000 Nxi is using what we callled LVARS or Custom SimVar that the logitech plugins will never support. So what you need to do get the list of all the LVARS from WT and use a software like FSUIPC or Spad.next to re-mapped your logitech panel to the proper LVARS.

Yes, but that means that one has to buy the software.

Why?

No other solution?

Edited by John Fields

Just now, John Fields said:

Yes, but that means that one has to buy the software.

Why?

No other solution?

I don't believe so.

Just now, fogboundturtle said:

I don't believe so.

Well.... I'm trying it again and again... and is not working.

Just bought it last week from Logitech!

Seriously...

2 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Well.... I'm trying it again and again... and is not working.

Just bought it last week from Logitech!

Seriously...

John, I had the logitech panel for months. You will soon realized that it won't work with most 3rd party aircraft as most of them use LVARS. This is not a WorkingTitle issue, it's a Logitech plugin issue. They have done the bare minimal to support their hardware in MSFS.  

Edit :

Matt from WT told me the following in the discord so it looks like it should work without spad.next

Matt (nishmaster) [Z-5]Today at 7:47 AM

We use all stock events and vars, no change from the default G1000
Edited by fogboundturtle
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

John, I had the logitech panel for months. You will soon realized that it won't work with most 3rd party aircraft as most of them use LVARS. This is not a WorkingTitle issue, it's a Logitech plugin issue. They have done the bare minimal to support their hardware in MSFS.  

I don't have third part aircraft!

I want to use Logitech Panel with the planes that MSFS has by default!

This is a change that Asobo is going to make that will affect many users!

Edited by John Fields
  • Like 1

There is a bug in the new updated version and that is the cause they are looking into it.

From there discord server:

Matt (nishmaster) [Z-5] — vandaag om 14:24
We are investigating some AP keybinds not working at the moment

@Petrokova
Hey WT team, thank you for the hard work on this project, the new additions are fantastic. I took the nxi for a quick hop, and ran into a couple things.   1) alt setting for ap dont report back to prehipherals, and adjusting alt causes weird jumps in displayed values, ie 14700>14800>1849900.   2) DIS and ETE did not update for the duration of the flight.   Thanks again and cant wait for the next update! https://puu.sh/I8yOc/aa0b503bab.png   https://puu.sh/I8yBH/e982222ebf.jpg

Matt (nishmaster) [Z-5] — vandaag om 14:25
As of 0.5.0, you must configure you peripherals to use altitude slot 1 and not 0 to read and write. We expect that workaround to no longer be necessary after Sim Update 6

@DustNinja
Would you rather want me to record a small video showcasing the issue i'm experiencing than me moaning about it btw? 

Matt (nishmaster) [Z-5] — vandaag om 14:26
We are aware of some reports on it and have it logged internally, but have not been able to consistently reproduce it yet

Just now, ruudmeij said:

There is a bug in the new updated version and that is the cause they are looking into it.

From there discord server:

Matt (nishmaster) [Z-5] — vandaag om 14:24
We are investigating some AP keybinds not working at the moment

@Petrokova
Hey WT team, thank you for the hard work on this project, the new additions are fantastic. I took the nxi for a quick hop, and ran into a couple things.   1) alt setting for ap dont report back to prehipherals, and adjusting alt causes weird jumps in displayed values, ie 14700>14800>1849900.   2) DIS and ETE did not update for the duration of the flight.   Thanks again and cant wait for the next update! https://puu.sh/I8yOc/aa0b503bab.png   https://puu.sh/I8yBH/e982222ebf.jpg

Matt (nishmaster) [Z-5] — vandaag om 14:25
As of 0.5.0, you must configure you peripherals to use altitude slot 1 and not 0 to read and write. We expect that workaround to no longer be necessary after Sim Update 6

@DustNinja
Would you rather want me to record a small video showcasing the issue i'm experiencing than me moaning about it btw? 

Matt (nishmaster) [Z-5] — vandaag om 14:26
We are aware of some reports on it and have it logged internally, but have not been able to consistently reproduce it yet

Thank you, ruudmeij!

I'm not alone!

Only solution now is going back the the default G1000 by uninstalling the NXi version.

2 minutes ago, ruudmeij said:

Only solution now is going back the the default G1000 by uninstalling the NXi version.

Yes, I've done it already.

Otherwise I can't use the Logitech Multi Panel!

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

Edit :

Matt from WT told me the following in the discord so it looks like it should work without spad.next

Matt (nishmaster) [Z-5]Today at 7:47 AM

We use all stock events and vars, no change from the default G1000

Thank you.

I must be a bug or something.

I suppose that it might be a solution.

Edited by John Fields

I just tried it and t here was only 1 variable I had to change which was the Altitude display. everything else is good. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I just tried it and t here was only 1 variable I had to change which was the Altitude display. everything else is good. 

Yes, you're right!

It's the altitude!

Regards.

5 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Yes, you're right!

It's the altitude!

Regards.

That is explained in the their thread on the Microsoft forum (see the first post): https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/working-title-g1000-nxi-discussion-thread/435492

Autopilot Hardware

The autopilot has been completely overhauled with 0.5.0, which includes some workarounds for altitude capture until such time that the sim supports the disabling of it’s own capture. This includes setting the altitude slot to slot 3 and setting the selected altitude to 99000 so it will never be captured, and using slot 1 as it should be for the preselector.

For hardware controls that control the altitude preselector, they must be configured to read and write to altitude slot 1, not altitude slot 0 (which really just reads/writes to them all, and will override all the custom AP altitude selections). If it is not possible to configure your hardware in this way, you will unfortunately have to either remove the hardware or remove the NXi. The are also third party softwares like AxisAndOhs, Mobiflight, and spad.Next that can allow you to bridge this gap if the manufacturer default software cannot.

We expect this workaround will no longer be necessary after Sim Update 6.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White