Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bobsk8

Can't fly IFR in MSFS 2020

I will always remember my first actual IFR approach to KFLL 27R in between cloud decks at about 4000 AGL with a CFII. A couple of miles away we saw a DC10 tail sticking our of the lower clouds, not the aircraft, just the tail slicing through the clouds . Something you won't ever forget. 

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I will always remember my first actual IFR approach to KFLL 27R in between cloud decks at about 4000 AGL with a CFII. A couple of miles away we saw a DC10 tail sticking our of the lower clouds, not the aircraft, just the tail slicing through the clouds . Something you won't ever forget. 

Had my training not too far out at KFPR. Never landed at FLL though, unfortunatly.

1 minute ago, BR4593 said:

Had my training not too far out at KFPR. Never landed at FLL though, unfortunatly.

I soloed at KFLL on 9R..One day shortly after my first solo, I was doing touch and goes on 27 L. I was on the downwind, and ATC told me they would call my turn to base because there was a great deal of traffic on approach to 27L, much of it faster than my C 152 would go. I saw two DC3s go by, a couple of small jets, some twins, and finally I turned around and realized I couldn't even see the shoreline anymore at 1,000 feet which was the pattern altitude. All I saw below me was waves and boats.  I freaked out a bit. and called ATC, and apparently they had forgotten about me. They immediately told me to turn base... Glad the engine kept running while I was in the "devils triangle".  

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.