Sign in to follow this  
Guest Camsdad

Thank you to AVSIM and mods

Guest SJDickson

>Hi, everyone.>>>

Not sure how I've missed this, but you're welcome.I may be newer to the community than some, but I've certainly been simming for a long time, and I'm happy to give back in any way I can.One thing I'd like to do is to keep better track of the original posts that may have gotten changed in some way, so that I can specifically respond to any questions on content.

>When there are passionate simmers there will be>"disagreements". And there are no milestones with the latest>round of bickering. Nothing rivals the Pro-Pilot war back in>'97 here. There is still a small group of "survivors" from>that war who live on an e-island called the Pro-Pilot Forum. I>hear they refuse to surrender and they have a 99 year lease.>LOL. Yup, and not to forget the Fly/FlyII wars either.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outta

That's cool TV, I fully respect your point of view.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest wesgarrard

You hit it on the head for me Bob! I was diagnosed with cancer last year, went through 6 months of chemo and bought FSX and a new PC to help me to "escape" through all of that. FPS/Vista/Bashing didn't mean squat to me. Well, it's over now and doing fine and had a blast flying FSX...of course I was on some pretty heavy drugs at the time .Wes:-scatter

Guest rmce

Amen and three Hail Mary's!I started to drift off the forums. Got Fsfx and dual core, and am getting fun out of it.I know not all of us are as fortunate, but some of the 'hate' stuff was way out of proportion.I have said before, that I am an educator and could sense 14 year old males starting to play mischief!!Ok we may be all 14 year old kids with our toy, but those of us around since early C-Serve forum days, have mostly learned that we are great at breaking what works, and mostly fixing what is broken, all with this excellent forums help. It was done with humour!e.g. I 'just' discovered that keypad moves view around vitual cockpit with shift spacebar resetting view.What will I discover next year???

Guest Big Vern

I have also just discovered that FSX allows you to place free waypoints, a substantial improvement over FS9 as you can now set up Lat/Lon waypoints e.g. when plotting NAT tracks. Maybe this is old news but it's a significant improvement IMHO.

Guest Camsdad

>When there are passionate simmers there will be>"disagreements". And there are no milestones with the latest>round of bickering. Nothing rivals the Pro-Pilot war back in>'97 here. There is still a small group of "survivors" from>that war who live on an e-island called the Pro-Pilot Forum. I>hear they refuse to surrender and they have a 99 year lease.>LOL. >>But it is the Internet and a few simmers take comments and>issues waaaay to serious. Serious is the doctor telling your>wife it is stage 3 breast cancer. Have fun, lighten up and>watch history repeat. LOL>>The AVSIM moderator's are great at clipping the lows without>controlling the content. Good job guys! :)>>Bob...Bob, Is that the Island of Misfit Simulators? You know in the chain made up from the Island of Misfit toys :)