Sign in to follow this  
DAL1850

Marketplace Server Status Page?

Is there a status page for the marketplace servers anywhere? I am trying to pull down this last round of world updates, and I'll be 0.5GB into a package download and it will reset and start the download over from the beginning...over and over and over and over again failing at the same point in the download. it just keeps looping and pulling the same portion of the package over and over again without reaching completion - stopping/resetting at the exact same place every time. This is just killing my data usage with my ISP.

I did try downloading a 3GB ISO file from a Microsoft server and it pulled (very expeditiously) without a hitch. No other internet connectivity issues on my end.

Edited by DAL1850

I'm currently in the middle of a reinstall and I've had the file re-downloading bug countless times now. Finally got it working but it's only pulling 5mbs!? Something is definitely up with their servers across the board. In the past when I've reinstalled I've gotten 50mbs or so.

• Like 2

I DL from marketplace at 100 Mbits ten minutes ago, so maybe speeds are back and cured now. Western USA server.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

My speeds seemed good for me but the connection resets were just terrible and it took a considerable amount of time after starting the sim for the marketplace to even show up as "online". I will try a bit later this evening. It would be nice if there was a dashboard which showed the server status.

If using a router, try turning down the speeds in the QoS tab of the default gateway webpage of the router. (the one whose URL will be something like http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1

the login and password are both admin or they are what is on the label on the bottom of the router, or they are what you made them when installing the router (this is not your wifi password, it has nothing to do with that).

No matter how slow or fast the servers seem to be, slowing down the connection speed has worked for me every time MSFS downloading started repeating in a loop (several times this method worked, and it worked every time). I don't know how to slow down a LAN wire connection speed, but I'm sure there is a way.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I dropped my connection speed all the way down to 10mbit and it's still tanking. It's actually worse now. I can't pull anything down from the servers...it'll start, download a few MB, then reset the connection and restart. I am perpetually stuck in this half-installed limbo now. I've never had this before, but it seems with this last service update, I am sunk. Is there a cache of downloaded content I can just blow away or rename. Maybe there's corruption in the package file(s) which it cannot overcome causing it to fail checksums or something.

Edited by DAL1850

I asked this in another thread also.. is this the Hotfix or something else? I already downloaded several files after SU6.

Ta!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Caviarcooper as I said in the other thread this was the install/marketplace servers that were messed up. You see what server your connected to by clicking on your gamertag in the upper right hand corner of the sim.

Thanks. I switch to east coast and got the remaining post-SU6 files that were in limbo. I do have some concern about the state of my sim at this point with so many failed/partial installations. Guess we'll see. 😕

19 minutes ago, dlermond said:

Caviarcooper as I said in the other thread this was the install/marketplace servers that were messed up. You see what server your connected to by clicking on your gamertag in the upper right hand corner of the sim.

Sorry- this doesn’t answer my question- what updates are these? The ones after SU6 or something new? Is this the Hotfix?

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper