Sign in to follow this  
Guest david W.

How do I remove specific default runways ?

I have the Horizon VFR England photoscenery. Its 1m/pixel. they even plan to put out 60cm resolution city sceneries.http://forum.horizonsimulation.com/viewtopic.php?t=766I would like these runway textures visible. The real runways instead of the default runways.So what file do I delete or what do I need to do to make the scenery textures to come through?any ideas?Manny

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You cannot remove a default runway in FS9/FSX because it is connected to the taxiways which are part of the naming which then is a part of all parking spots. Other issues are the Start Locations, Localizer/GS if they exsits and all the approach data that is part of the unseen runway scenery.What you can do is make a default FS9/FSX runway invisible even though it still exsist as far as FS9/FSX thinks.Making runways invisible is a scenery forum issue which has been discussed at fsdevelopers.com

thanks Jim,Making it invisible just what I need.Checking the site you mentioned.Manny

There is a quick & dirty way of doing this for all runways.Go to scenery library, and untick area