Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

After 4 days MSFS is updated and running!

While updating the store version of MSFS I had a message that MSFS was not connected to the internet.  researching that led me to realise the XBOX app was not logged in.  Much of the online advice was hardware/software blocking the connection, so I spent many hours reading guides about network adapters, registry etc.  All very odd as my internet was stable and fast.  Common advice was to log out of the xbox app and log back in, but i couldn't do this because it couldn't see the internet.  Many hours were spent uninstalling and re-installing the xbox/xbox live/store apps - this didn't work.  In desperation I purchased the Steam Version of MSFS, but that initially also requires the Xbox app to be logged in.

I logged a ticket with Zendesk, but 36 hours later no response.  Desperate now I uninstalled any trace of MSFS.

I read advice to log out and back in to my Microsoft account - didn't work.  I read advice to delete my Microsoft account and create another one.  I reaaly didn't like this idea!  I was watching TV and the thought came to me to change something about the MS account, so I logged to my MS account in the browser and chose to change my password.  I loaded the Steam version of MSFS and the XBOX app appeared and asked for my new password.  As soon as it was entered the Xbox app logged in and MSFS started to install!

I am now up and running.  I was led down a path of thinking I had a network/router/port issue but that was all fine.  I hope my experience helps someone else out battling with the store version.  Steam users seem to have no issues at update time, so happy now to be with that version.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Outstanding! Happy flying!

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Good !

With the Steam version, one thing to remember, do not ever use the Steam Verify the integrity of the files function or the entire game will be re-downloaded.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Have fun!

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

18 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Good !

With the Steam version, one thing to remember, do not ever use the Steam Verify the integrity of the files function or the entire game will be re-downloaded.

Thanks for that, I'll steer clear.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home