Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

Ground Environment for FSX regions or orginal 1 program?

Guest dwaohio

My question should Ground Environment for FSX be brought out in regions or should it be like the orginal FS9, one program covering the world. Would you pay $30 or more for one region of Ground Environment for FSX. With four regions it would cost $120 or more for all regions. Is that worth it when you can get UT or megascenery. I personally would pay $50 for 1 program of textures that covers the whole world. The FS9 version was like $40 and I can not see paying see paying 3 times as much for a upgraded version for Ground Environment for FSX. What do you guys think; regions or 1 program. How much would you pay per region or 1 program?

It seems that the new trend is to charge on a per area basis so that is what we will all have to get used to. I thought that the shots from GE FSX looked pretty good until i saw the road running through the baseball field. If i am paying on a per region basis then i expect perfection. If devs want to charge a premium then they need to deliver premium products. I have no problem with this purchase model as long as they deliver the perfect goods. That's my take on it.

Guest abulaafia

It really depends what the regions look like. The "Dutch" touch in the FS9 incarnation wasn't very impressive. Also, it seems to be an American misconception that "regions" are uniform. There is no "European look" from Sweden to Spain, neither is there an "Asian" look from Sapporo to Singapore. Just because the US looks the same across the nation doesn't justify grouping the rest of the world at will. Making country packages on the other hand is impossible by nature of the beast. So, let's see what Peter comes up with. ==Marten:Weber==P-D920 3.3MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"author of http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?FileName=bbgrfs.zipscreens on http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r45/abulaafia/

But, the US doesn't look the same across the nation. There is no "American look" from New York to California. The variation is just as wide as that found in Europe or Asia. I, too, am anxious to see if GE for FSX can solve this problem for all of us.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.