Sign in to follow this  
DarkMantle

Honeycomb setup advice please

I had my Bravo delivered on friday & it has been a fruitless 2 days so far - the throttle quadrant works fine - I followed every you tube setup proceedure - point by point from my laptop whilst running FS on my main comp - as I said the throttles work fine(except I can't get them to feather with the pitch levers - it seems to feather when you shut down an engine using mixture swhich is odd for a piston emgine setup) but nothing works with the autopilot or the lights - just so frustrated at the moment - any clues as to where my problem with the lights & autopilot may lie? - love it to bits but I  can't progress to setting up the jets until I get the AP & lights working

Rattso

Rattso

Cooler Master Cosmos 700M - Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme D5 - intel i9-12900K(water cooled) - 128gb Corsair Vengeance 5200 D5 - Gigabyte Asorus 4090 waterforce - EVGA 2000W P/S - Creative AE-7 - intel Optane 500gb - 3x 2tb M2 SSDs - 2x 2tb Samsung EVO SSDs - 1x Hybrid 2tb HDD - Thrustmaster Warthog - Honeycombe Bravo quadrant - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - MFG Crosswind - Samsung Oddesy Ark - G9 49" monitor

yep - as I said I went through every tutorial I could & followed them meticulously - have installed the lights 

One thing I have now noticed is that on a lot of aircraft their screens are not coming on & when I go to the switches associated with them they come up as inoperative - problems just seem to be getting worse - very hard to operate an airplane when none of you panels work

Rattso

Cooler Master Cosmos 700M - Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme D5 - intel i9-12900K(water cooled) - 128gb Corsair Vengeance 5200 D5 - Gigabyte Asorus 4090 waterforce - EVGA 2000W P/S - Creative AE-7 - intel Optane 500gb - 3x 2tb M2 SSDs - 2x 2tb Samsung EVO SSDs - 1x Hybrid 2tb HDD - Thrustmaster Warthog - Honeycombe Bravo quadrant - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - MFG Crosswind - Samsung Oddesy Ark - G9 49" monitor

all sorted - 'twas the fact that I was using a powered hub with all 6 ports being used - connected the quadrant to a port directly on the computer got the lights & autopilot back - Very messy with the cable sorta across my chair - so have ordered an extension ( I also note that at the exhibition Honeycombe will be offering a 30W hub for sale for their equipment - so it seems my present hub just wasn't making it power wise)

As for the missing MFD's - as an old pilot (50+ years military & G/A F/W & R/W) I am a bit obsessive about switches - so i figured that I would use the quadrant & then sort out exactly how I would allocate them - so I switched them all off!! Hmmm - seems like the two on the right hand side are connected to the MFDs - again problem sorted & just waiting for the extension for all to be well

see ya

Rattso

• Like 1

Rattso

21 hours ago, Rattso said:

all sorted - 'twas the fact that I was using a powered hub with all 6 ports being used - connected the quadrant to a port directly on the computer got the lights & autopilot back - Very messy with the cable sorta across my chair - so have ordered an extension ( I also note that at the exhibition Honeycombe will be offering a 30W hub for sale for their equipment - so it seems my present hub just wasn't making it power wise)

As for the missing MFD's - as an old pilot (50+ years military & G/A F/W & R/W) I am a bit obsessive about switches - so i figured that I would use the quadrant & then sort out exactly how I would allocate them - so I switched them all off!! Hmmm - seems like the two on the right hand side are connected to the MFDs - again problem sorted & just waiting for the extension for all to be well

see ya

Rattso

I would be content to have the Bravo for the trim, gear, and flaps alone. The AP, switches, and annunciation would be bonus. Of course bigger levers are desirable to. I use a CH Quadrant now. Very small levers.

I found a deal for a saitek TPM which is a good fit as 95 percent of my simming is A2A V35 Bonanza and A2A c182 Skylane.

I use the AP with the FSRadio Panel app mostly. I can have it propped left of my yoke as it is on a V-tail or right as on a Cessna. The A2A Skylane is a ringer for my instructor's plane. Why I fly it a lot at home. I do want the Honeycomb stuff though. Maybe at tax return time.