Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Murat Deniz Senol

Questions for PMDG 777

Hello everyone, i have recently bought the 777-200LR/F base package and the -300ER Expansion Pack, but i have some questions for those. 

1) Since i am a student and i already bought the 2 versions of 777, i have to wait until i get my scholarship in the middle of next month to get the -200ER Expansion, so i want to ask, does the liveries made for -200ER work on -200LR? Cuz i don't want to wait almost 3 weeks to fly with the livery i want 😄

2) Do i have to wait purchasing the -200ER Expansion to get the EFB or is there an option to use it now? 

3) How can i turn on the Electronic Checklist on the display between CDU's? 

4) How can i turn on the Taxi Cameras on the -300ER? 

And an additional question, is there a place that i can find free airport diagrams which shows gate positions as well? I found something but they don't show the gate positions, you know i need to see the gate positions to plan my taxi properly. 

Thanks from now

1) Since the 777-200ER for P3D was released almost 10 years after the LR (for both FSX and P3D), there are several liveries released for the LR. I guess that, as of now, there are still more liveries for the LR than for the ER.

2) The EFB comes with the -200ER expansion only. That's why it's a lot more expensive than the -300ER. Sadly there's no other choice.

3) At the right of the MCP there is a cluster of buttons. One of them is labeled CHKL. That should be what you are looking for.

4) Same cluster, but the CAM button. While this is a cool feature, it's too hard on FPS for me.

And for 5), use ADE to open your airport and see gate positions as installed in your sim. However, you may not be able to see the gate-airline assignments.

You may get better information about all (but question 5) in the PMDG official forum.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON) Ryzen 7 5700X3D (with SMT off and CO -50 mV), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Thanks! Yesterday i performed a flight from Narita to Dubai with an Emirates -300ER, it was really awesome! And yes the taxi camera caused the fps problem you told. 

By the way something caught my attention. While i was flying with 737 ngx or 747 qots II, especially on short final i was almost fighting with the yoke to keep the plane stable, but yesterday on 777, only minor movements on the yoke was enough to keep the plane stable like on an Airbus, is it because of the fly-by-wire technology? 

21 hours ago, Murat Deniz Senol said:

And an additional question, is there a place that i can find free airport diagrams which shows gate positions as well? I found something but they don't show the gate positions, you know i need to see the gate positions to plan my taxi properly.

Murat,

Re your question on gate positions at airports, if you search the web for the ICAO code of your airport and include in your search "terminal chart" you should be able to find some free charts available e.g. "YSSY Terminal chart". Be aware though that some charts on the web may be out-dated.

Failing that and a solution I use is, I have a Navigraph FMS data subscription and in the charts package I access each month, those terminal charts can be be found for the majority of airports around the world. This helps to select the correct, sized gate upon both departure and arrival at your airports.It will include the taxiways around the terminals too.

Regards,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.