Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Zooming and "moving camera" in spot view

Guest DK8290

Someone's question about zooming made me finally ask about this.In FS9 , one could "zoom" in and out using the 'increase selection' and 'decrease selection' commands. This was like changing the focal length on a zoom lens ... it zoomed in closer to your plane and the terrain too.Also in FS9, one could set the camera distance from the plane in spot view. And with the flight1 mouse scrolling utility, you could adjust the distance of the camera to the plane whilst flying just with mouse wheel.In FSX , I see no way to adjust the camera's distance to the plane. I only see the usual 'increase selection' and 'decrease selection' method of zooming the lens. So in FSX, to make the aircraft larger on the screen, you zoom in which also makes the terrain larger which makes it look less detailed.Ideally, I would like to move the camera a bit closer and keep the terrain not as zoomed in as this makes it look better (there is a balance point as one may get that distortion of the plane due to being too close to it ... sortof like a wide angle lens distorts shapes.Am I missing something or has FSX gotten rid of the ability to adjust the camera distance in spot view?-------------Another question about zooming ( 'increase selection' and 'decrease selection' ). Just like in FS2004 , sometimes these commands just don't work for a while. Has anyone else had this happen quite often ?

Guest firehawk44

Have you tried:Eyepoint (move back): Ctrl+EnterEyepoint (move down): Shift+BackspaceEyepoint (move forward): Ctrl+BackspaceEyepoint (move left): Ctrl+Shift+BackspaceEyepoint (move right): Ctrl+Shift+EnterEyepoint (move up): Shift+EnterEyepoint (reset): Ctrl+SpaceBest regards,Jim

See also my reply in topic "zooming and panning in FSX" (or something like that) below.Cheers,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373