Sign in to follow this  
William Weiss

Reality XP GNS latest version lost smaller airport database

I just updated to the latest version of Reality XP GNS Garmin 530 database on Oct 1 2021 and seemed to have lost all my smaller airports...Has anyone had this issue.??? Are the software designers at RXP aware of this major fault in the new updated version..I tried backing it back a version with no success..In my opinion this is a major issue and needs immediate attention by the software designer...I spent some time creating waypoints currently but should not have to be doing this for already existing smaller non regional airports that were there before...

Edited by William Weiss

When was the previous time you updated your GNS?  And where are you located and where are you flying? How small are the airports you are missing? The runway lengths? Those are key questions. 

Garmin made changes to the database in the Garmin GNS trainer some time ago  With the growth in published approach procedures, such as RNAV (GPS) approaches added to most airports, the database grew too large for the GNS memory capacity and the database was split up into smaller regional databases.  World regions.  The change was by Garmin, not RXP.  The file location for the database also may have recently changed.  Again, that change is Garmin Trainer responsible.

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, William Weiss said:

I just updated to the latest version of Reality XP GNS Garmin 530 database on Oct 1 2021 and seemed to have lost all my smaller airports...Has anyone had this issue.??? Are the software designers at RXP aware of this major fault in the new updated version..I tried backing it back a version with no success..In my opinion this is a major issue and needs immediate attention by the software designer...I spent some time creating waypoints currently but should not have to be doing this for already existing smaller non regional airports that were there before...

There are multiple versions of expired Garmin databases floating around.. the early 2016 WW database indeed came without the smaller airports, but newer regional databases do have them..  Send me a PM with where you fly, and I may be able to help.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

11 hours ago, fppilot said:

When was the previous time you updated your GNS?  And where are you located and where are you flying? How small are the airports you are missing? The runway lengths? Those are key questions. 

Garmin made changes to the database in the Garmin GNS trainer some time ago  With the growth in published approach procedures, such as RNAV (GPS) approaches added to most airports, the database grew too large for the GNS memory capacity and the database was split up into smaller regional databases.  World regions.  The change was by Garmin, not RXP.  The file location for the database also may have recently changed.  Again, that change is Garmin Trainer responsible.

NJ NY USA, runways generally less than 3000, not sure about the previous version but probably 6 months old and it had the smaller airports

Edited by William Weiss

8 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

There are multiple versions of expired Garmin databases floating around.. the early 2016 WW database indeed came without the smaller airports, but newer regional databases do have them..  Send me a PM with where you fly, and I may be able to help.

NJ NY , maybe there is an older database in can paste in then to get those airports back...let me know where to find it if you know..

@William Weiss

You might have missed these posts in our forums. I don't know which simulator you're using but the following 2 topics are equally informative for the FltSim and XPlane versions:

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

17 minutes ago, William Weiss said:

xxxxx@optonline.net

Sent you something to try..

• Like 2

Bert