Sign in to follow this  
Frederico12

GNS 430 runs very very slow on windows 11 (resolved)

I installed and tested the GTN on XP and found that it runs perfecly fine as far as the hour of flight testing i did, the autopilot is following the route and it runs very well,

So at least for me its only the GNS for xplane that is not working correctly.

I also enabled the GNS 430 as a second unit after and it had no effect on the GTN, it still ran fine, and the GNS is still running slow.

@Frederico12 Thank you for cross testing the GTN and reporting.

Now we have to be able to repro the symptoms and find the culprit, but this test eliminates a number of probable causes and this is helping!

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 11/9/2021 at 9:39 AM, RXP said:

@Frederico12 Thank you for cross testing the GTN and reporting.

Now we have to be able to repro the symptoms and find the culprit, but this test eliminates a number of probable causes and this is helping!

Np, if you need something else i can try and help.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

In case it helps, I had tested also the standalone Garmin GNS trainer (v3.00) and it was working just fine even with W11.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 5:22 PM, RXP said:

Unfortunately for now this is a problem we can't repro for many reasons: we can't have a machine devoted to Win11 right now) and it doesn't seem to show any adverse problem in a virtual machine either (but here we run it standalone with a custom made launcher application, not with XP11). I've been trying to find any relevant information in the Windows API docs which could explain, or at least hint, to what could be happening and I've not found any significant information at all either?!

I'm afraid this one will take a little longer to solve, but I can assure you that I won't let this down either: if there is a problem with Win11 we'll do our best to find the reasons and to solve it, because Win11 will increasingly become the prevalent Win OS version in the coming years anyhow.

Any update on this issue? I just purchased the RXP 430 and I am having the exact same issues with running painfully slow. I have windows 11, x-plane 11, using the AMD / NVIDIA (brand new computer). If there is no remedy on the horizon, any possibility of a refund?

Edited by RXP

Hi,

We're still investigating but since it seems to be happening only for some of you, and only with XP11 (not with the GNS in P3D), we still haven't find the exact cause that could explain this.

However, there is probably one thing which could be related:

- Is any of you with this issue having a CPU with HT (Hyper Threading Intel) or SMT (AMD) ?

- Can you please try enabling/disabling HT/SMT in the BIOS and compare whether this changes anything?

PS: can you all also post your CPU type/model and confirm you're running with the latest Win11 updates?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I have been having this issue on an Intel 11900K.  I disabled HT in the BIOS, but the GNS seems to still be slow under and up-to-date Windows11.

Thanks

Mike

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Alienware. 

Turned off SMT. No changes

Windows 11 and all recommended updates have been applied. No Changes

GTN from RXP works normally. This is definitely something with the 430.

@posixPilot @fpc310

Thank you for the additional information!

PS: the GNS works normally on Win11 with Prepar3D, it seems this is affecting only the GNS on X-Plane.

Hey guys, same issue for me!

Fresh install Windows 11, everything updated!

CPU Ryzen 5 5600X

Did not have the issue on windows 10...

@Datboii

Hi, have you tried disabling SMT in the Bios to compare what it does?

15 hours ago, RXP said:

@Datboii

Hi, have you tried disabling SMT in the Bios to compare what it does?

Today I changed SMT in the Bios to "disabled", it was on auto before. Loaded up Xplane and started the 430, it Booted up quicker but then began to slow down to a pace that was definitely faster than previously but not fast enough to be practical, still slow basically... 

On 1/2/2022 at 8:51 PM, RXP said:

We're still investigating but since it seems to be happening only for some of you, and only with XP11 (not with the GNS in P3D), we still haven't find the exact cause that could explain this.

I'm seeing slow start-up and lagginess with RXP GNS540 in P3D 5.3 as well but I've only just installed RXP on that platform and I need to do more testing there to see if it's something odd at my end

Edited by Matchstick

@Datboii @Matchstick

Thank you for the additional feedback. The more cross-checked tests feedback we get, the more likely we'll understand what could be happening on your systems which isn't happening on ours.

Same problem here. Use in on TorqueSim sr20 in combination with the GTN650 as GPS 1 and the GNS430 on GPS2. I have made the panel with Airmanager. After updating to win11 the GNS430 is too slow to operate. The GTN650 works properly.

I have a Rizen7 5800 and a GTX3080T FE. The latest windows update. Win11 also is giving some difficulties with my touch screen. Had to solve that by making my touchscreen the main screen. If not the touch input will go directly to the main screen.

I hope for a fast solution.