Sign in to follow this  
Frederico12

GNS 430 runs very very slow on windows 11 (resolved)

Could you please try/confirm something: have you enabled Game Mode and/or HAGS ?

- If it is, can you try again with Game Mode OFF and HAGS OFF?

I'm still not sure what would cause this and we fail to find any other similar reports except a few, like this one 1 week ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows11/comments/qxw2ff/windows_11_bug_has_crippled_ssd_nvme_random_write/hsjuocv/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I reverted to W10 and don't plan to retry with W11 any time soon, but I'm sure that I didn't enable game mode and I didn't change the HAGS setting, so I had the default, whatever it is.

On the other hand, on W10 I have HAGS ON and it doesn't create any issue.

I vaguely remember that I had even played with the Windows compatibility mode on the trainer exe file and gave it a high priority in the task manager while it was running, but I wasn't systematic about it. What I'm sure of if that nothing I did helped. Maybe something worth trying, it could be that I didn't do it properly.

Edited by Kakugo

Hello,

Same problem here with a new computer running P3D V5.3 HF2 and Windows 11.

Intel 12600 with Nvidia graphic card

I tried Game Mode OFF and HAGS OFF and no change.

No problem with my old computer with windows 10

I can try some test if needed

Ludmar63

@Ludmar63 Thank you for the additional information.

So if I understand correctly, so far it was only the GNS V2 on XP11 with Win11, and now it seems it is the GNS V2 on XP11/P3D5.3HF2 with Win11.

I'm afraid the only way to try solving this will be to have you all trying different builds privately. I'll prepare something in the coming days and contact you all privately for this. Thank you for your patience and help with this issue!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hello,

I tried to uninstall GNS and then re install without using environmental variable. It seems to be better (or less worse).

The initialisation is very long : two minutes to show the "OK" button then ten seconds to have the unit ready.

after there is always lag but it could be usable with patience.

Ludmar63

Just a quick note to tell you I'm still working on something you could try out. I just want to limit the number of tests and prefer spending a little more time to isolate a couple test options. I'll contact you all privately in the coming days.

Fyi, same issue here (for the record).

GNS 530 V2

GNS430 V2

However, I already rolled back as I need to use them for practice.  Just wanted you to know this is a wide spread issue.  Note I only use my computer for sim and it's fairly new.  It appears this is a sure issue for anyone who upgrades to Windows 11.

I'm XP11.

Cheers

Karim

just a quick note to let you know I've sent you all a PM with directions to test a new build!

Hello. I am also having the same issue. GNS 430 V2 and 530 V2 start slowly and run slowly. Windows 11/P3D5.3HF2.

I have also found that sometimes (not always) I can quicken the startup process by clicking on the "ENT" key located on the front of the GNS unit. The unit will cycle through the startup screens (database versions, etc...) as I click on the "ENT" button.

I would be interested in trying out any beta versions you might need tested.....   

Thanks again for a wonderful product.

I don't know what if any relevance this has, if any, but I just upgraded my GFX card from an AMD 5700 to an nVidia 3070Ti and the RXP 540 & 430 are now working at full speed again.

Nothing else has changed apart from physical card and drivers and other people are reporting the problem with nVidia cards so it seem unlikely that it's the switch to that is what's resolved it but I wonder if something is being kinda cached somewhere and got flushed when i swapped the card (uninstalling the old drivers with DDU)

Hi folks, I'm in the exact same boat, slow 530 on Windows 11 + Xplane, worked perfectly fine on Windows 10. I have an nVidia 2080 Super.

GTN 750 sim works perfectly fine.

I too am having this issue in Windows 11 and the 430/530.

Is there any fix for this? This thread is pretty old and Windows 11 has been out for a while. I hate to downgrade back to Windows 10 after spending all week getting this thing updated and upgraded lol.

Thanks

Edited by pkaser

Hi, I too am having this problem on the latest versions of Windows 11 and the  RXP GNS530. Gaming mode is turned off, every other app/plugin/program I've used has worked normally, but the GNS530 is basically unusable. Any news on the test build? Thanks.