Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

The one thing I miss most in P3D/FSX that's not in MSFS

22 hours ago, kiwikat said:

So at this point I can't tell if you're trying to help or deliberately trying to start something here. I am not talking about PANNING. PANNING and ZOOMING do not solve any of the issues I mentioned.

EDIT: OMG I found a workaround for the camera location while taking a screenshots to demonstrate my issue. Turning track IR on, tilting my head so the plane is in the middle of the frame instead of the bottom, and then turning track IR off seems to hold the new camera center point. Now I can pan all around with the plane staying in the MIDDLE of the screen. Hopefully Asobo doesn't read this and then 'fix' it in the next SU. The focal length/ultrawide issue remains, but I don't think there's anything I can do to convince that to get any better.

Yes, unfortunately the eyepoint functions only work in interior/virtual cockpit view for now.

Agreed the external panning nor zooming functions don't capture the sweetspots desired as the internal eyepoint functions.

Glad you've found a temporary solution for now.🍻

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Wow... this has been an eye opener.

I knew MSFS was an in development sim but after 6 years of development with hundreds of people and multiple companies, I'm just amazed there is so much not in it.

Even things like the "ability to save the sim state ie. plane, location, time, weather, etc", really ??

I guess that's what happens when game developers do sim development, you get a pretty but ulimately flawed experience.

Yeah I know the fans will barf on such a statement, but hey has that ring of truth to me.

I was watching an Asobo disucssion last weekend where they talked about a pause on feature releases to allow them to catch up with bug fixes, probably a good idea after reading all the issues people are having.

There was even mention FSX code being actively used so I guess it's not as brand new in every area as first first impresssions give

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
spelling

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

2 hours ago, Rogen said:

I was watching an Asobo disucssion last weekend where they talked about a pause on feature releases to allow them to catch up with bug fixes, probably a good idea after reading all the issues people are having.

A month or two spent ONLY on bugfixes would do this sim wonders. Hopefully MS allows it.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png