Sign in to follow this  
williehayes52

Can't install MSFS 2020 from MS Store

I just reinstalled Windows 10 (because of an unrelated MSFS problem). Now I can't install MSFS 2020. This is the message I get when I try to install from the Microsoft Store: "It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account."  Why does it not recognize my desktop even after I am signed into MS.

1 hour ago, williehayes52 said:

Why does it not recognize my desktop even after I am signed into MS.

With Microsoft Store purchased MSFS something appears to have changed at around the time of the recent World Update 5 (WU5).  Numerous users, including me, had great difficulty finding and installing that update. For me, and for a number of other users, we found that we needed to install and login to the Microsoft Store App for the PC.  The App, not the website (see image from my Windows Start menu below).  I also have installed and stay logged in to the PC xBox App, as well as logging into both Microsoft and xBox websites.  It has really become convoluted.  Honestly I am not sure which step I have just mentioned ended up finding my success.  Makes me angry to think back on it!

If you have not purchased a great number of MSFS addons through the MS Store you might consider purchasing MSFS again, this time the Steam version. From what I understand, addons purchased through the MS Store are specific to the MSFS license you are using at the time of those purchases.

image.png.cd43c2b88b2cc5474e0eef55410348b5.png

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I have same problem and have tried everything . Am not a novelist at  solving issues  with my computer. turned my computer by way of quickassist over  to the guru who builds my computers for me and he is convinced microsoft is where the problem is. I sent info of problem by way  zendesk and have not got any response. Have a number of other request i have posted here on avism and all attempts suggested have been tried. Have purchased other games from microsoft store for many years and do know what i am doing.  My friend if i ever get a solution to this i will respond . If you resolve please advise me at my email. Good luck  Dennis

Denny, I have done the same thing, called the guru who taken over my computer. Problem still not solved; I have to call back. However, I found something interesting. When you are on the Microsoft Store, rather than clicking on Microsoft Flight Sim (for me, Premium Deluxe Edition) and the version you have, try scrolling down a bit and click on Digital Ownership. That will allow you to, hopefully, download. The reason I could not do it is because I removed my computer from the list of eligible computer for downloading. I had plan on putting it back in but I couldn't find out how to put it back in. Thanks to everyone for their help. I am downloading a fix and have to call tech support back.  

Have tried al three flightsim options that come up same error always come up 0% error and no matter where you go for help and no matter what you try it will not download the files. let me know if you are able to download and give exactly in order of being done so i can follow what you did thanks  Dennis

18 minutes ago, denny said:

Have tried al three flightsim options that come up same error always come up 0% error and no matter where you go for help and no matter what you try it will not download the files. let me know if you are able to download and give exactly in order of being done so i can follow what you did thanks  Dennis

Perhaps you each could state what suggestions you have followed.  Have you read the topics when others were experiencing similar issues following MSFS World Update 5? Have you installed the two Windows apps (MS Store and XBox), logged into both and checked there for the links to updates?  It is frustrating, I agree.  However at the end of the day there are, as frustrating as can be to detect, few issues that have not been experienced and overcome by others.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I had a problem like this where I couldn't use MSFS for four days.  I fixed it by login out of my MS account on the website.  When I launched MSFS the XBox app requested a login and then MSFS loaded fine.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

6 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I had a problem like this where I couldn't use MSFS for four days.  I fixed it by login out of my MS account on the website.  When I launched MSFS the XBox app requested a login and then MSFS loaded fine.

I forgot to say I also changed my password on the MS website, rather than just login out.  It was the edit to my account that forced the login request when launching the XBox app.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Guys every suggestion has been tried . I am familiar with what to do on my computer.  assure there is no way that microsoft wiil download these files The guru who builds all my computers for years has used quick assist and he states it is a problem with microsoft. when i spoke with a microsoft person at this telephone #18776967786 he told me it was a microsoft problem and gave me a number for me to call for support i have called 3 times and held on line as long as 93 minutes and no one will answer the on line help sites for microsoft do not work to solve the problem. everything the website help sites tell me to try have been done all do not solve this issue.  thanks for all help from you simmers .  I may try in a few days to rebuy the sim, but there is always the chance might have same issue. If and when am able to get  the sim back on my computer i will post how was done . i truely do thank all who have suggested and tried to help Thank you. will advise when and how if worked out. Dennis

Guys finally after 15 days microsoft allowed the files to download. it was positively a microsoft error from the store . All the files totaled 179 gb and that is with update 6. I did not rebuy sim. Just all of a sudden went to store and the download was there again.  Update 6 on my system is fantastic. locked at 30 frames running on a 65inch tv at 60hz and 3840x2160 and 2 40 inch left and right tvs for things like little nav map etc. Everything is on ultra settings and even around london newyork and tokyo may drop to 27, flying primarily just flight piper arrow or the regular bonaza usuing the honeycomb yoke and bravo throttle which are fantastic controllers, dont fly the heavys. Said i would advise when sim got back online and thanks again for all the suggestions from all. Lets hope no more microsoft problems.   Dennis

• Like 1