Sign in to follow this  
jimh

Invalid FP Wpts - User Wpt Database Full?

Hi,

I have happily used my RXP 750 to guide several hundreds of flights, using flight plans produced by IdealFlight Pro.  Tonight, my 750 reports "Flt plan contains unknown waypoints", plus "User Wpt. Database full".

I had Little Navmap export a plan for a similar route, with the same result.

I want to say that I'm neither so young as I used to be, nor so able technically.  I would be more than grateful for some helpful advice, especially since I'm more of less grounded for now.

Regards, Jim H.

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

Hi,

Reasoning that a brand new RXP/Garmin Trainer installation would have a workable database, and should work as before, I've carefully uninstalled both my RXP 750GTN, and the Garmin Trainer, removing every trace I could find.

A new installation of both has resulted in the acceptance of a first flight plan, so I hope to be good to go again.

I would still be interested in any way to fix the errors I reported.

Regards, Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

Hi,

The device can only store a limited number of routes and user waypoints, like the real unit does, in its embedded non-volatile memory.

The simulation uses a file to store the content of the non-volatile memory, which you can backup, copy, restore. One use case is manually managing a set of files, each with certain routes/wpts/settings, and manually copying a selected non-volatile file from the set prior flying. This is documented in the RXP GTN User's Manual in the chapter "Device Embedded Memory".

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi,

Thank you for your helpful reply.  I confess to being somewhat out of my depth here.  I now have a backup of my new "nonvol" folder.  I'm hoping that restoring that backup will solve my recent problem if it recurs in the future.

I am a huge fan of RXP.

Regards, Jim

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jimh said:

Hi,

Thank you for your helpful reply.  I confess to being somewhat out of my depth here.  I now have a backup of my new "nonvol" folder.  I'm hoping that restoring that backup will solve my recent problem if it recurs in the future.

I am a huge fan of RXP.

Regards, Jim

Do realize that you have two instances of each RXP GTN gauge you hold license for.  Ex. GTN750_1 and GTN750_2. Each holds its own set of stored flight plans and any user-defined waypoints. I use 750_1 in some aircraft, and 750_2 in others, based on where and how (altitude, speed, distance) I fly those aircraft types.  That allows you to store up to twice as many overall.  So the same holds true if you have the 650.  Also applies to the RXP GNS series, where this is really important as those models can only store up to 20 flight plans each.  These are Garmin limitations.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thank you.  I'll keep that in mind from now on.

• Like 1