Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

World Map Problem

I'm trying to create a very simple route by entering Blackbushe EGLK RWY25 into FROM and Southampton EGHI RWY 20 into TO.

If I now try to enter Popham as an en-route waypoint by clicking on Popham and selecting ADD, I get a very weird routing.

Can somebody please try it and see if they also get unexpected results.

Glen

Click on the route line before adding a waypoint. Click the route line so that it's then highlighted, then add you waypoint and it will be put in between the two points on that line.

James

Thanks, just tried that it doesn't create a highlight just a custom waypoint on the line ?

Glen

23 minutes ago, GAJ52 said:

Thanks, just tried that it doesn't create a highlight just a custom waypoint on the line ?

Yes, that's been an issue since the previous update (for me at least). I had got used to clicking on the line and then creating a waypoint where I wanted it, but now it creates a waypoint on the line itself. The solution would be to enable you to drag the waypoints along the list near the top of the screen to re-order them. If Asobo could write that into the code, all would be well. As it stands, that list is... just a list. It could be so much more useful.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

And yes, I tried your route just now and unsurprisingly got a daft route.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 hour ago, 109Sqn said:

And yes, I tried your route just now and unsurprisingly got a daft route.

I thought it was just me doing something wrong as I rarely use the map, thanks for checking for me.

Glen

7 minutes ago, GAJ52 said:

I thought it was just me doing something wrong as I rarely use the map, thanks for checking for me.

No problem. Flew the route (without detour) since it was loaded. A bit concerned that somebody thought it appropriate for the designated areas for the likes of airstairs to be occupied like this. It would make for a nervous approach to your stand!

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-21-10-2021-20