Sign in to follow this  
LesPaul30

Updated to 1.20.6.0, now unplayable

I have been running FS2020 at Ultra rates since this came out last year. I am running an i9-10850, 32GB Ram, with a GTX 1660 Ti. I have only been using FS2020 at 1080 resolution and have had no issues at all. Was great! 

With the latest update to SU6, and to 1.20.6.0 (if they're not the same thing) the game is completely unplayable now. Once the title screen loads and gets past the Update screen the load times are extremely long now and once I get to the menu screen the FPS is "1". I can't navigate the menus let alone even load a flight. I have no add-on's or third party software. I am not overclocking the pc at all. I am running everything at stock. I have gone in and set all settings to low and still this does not fix this. Any advice appreciated! 

1 hour ago, LesPaul30 said:

With the latest update to SU6, and to 1.20.6.0 (if they're not the same thing) the game is completely unplayable now.

Are you saying that MSFS was working fine before the update, and is borked after the update?

I assume you have tried a reboot..

If this continues, I would uninstall MSFS, and install a fresh copy.

SU6 = 1.20.6. should run just as well as the SU5 version before it.

• Upvote 1

Bert

1 hour ago, LesPaul30 said:

I have been running FS2020 at Ultra rates since this came out last year. I am running an i9-10850, 32GB Ram, with a GTX 1660 Ti. I have only been using FS2020 at 1080 resolution and have had no issues at all. Was great! 

With the latest update to SU6, and to 1.20.6.0 (if they're not the same thing) the game is completely unplayable now. Once the title screen loads and gets past the Update screen the load times are extremely long now and once I get to the menu screen the FPS is "1". I can't navigate the menus let alone even load a flight. I have no add-on's or third party software. I am not overclocking the pc at all. I am running everything at stock. I have gone in and set all settings to low and still this does not fix this. Any advice appreciated! 

First, welcome to Avsim.  See this is your very first message post. 

Have you after some time since tried again?  This sounds to me like a quality of connection issue.  My suggestion is to explore that channel before diving into even more time consuming remedies.  Is this a Steam or is it a Microsoft Store installation?  I would suggest at a minimum logging out of related accounts and signing back in.  If you can access it, I recommend you delete your MSFS rolling cache.

How much time did it take for the SU6 update?  If it was considerable you might check to see if it did a total install into a 2nd location.  Others have had that experience!  

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, LesPaul30 said:

Just ran into this same issue a few days ago (but was also happening with American and Euro Truck Sim) and I have a thread posted in the Hardware/GPU forum.  Do you have Citrix Workspace installed by chance?  If so, a recent update installed some kind of display driver that is being utilized instead of your Nvidia driver.  I had to uninstall it and reinstall the Citrix version from the Microsoft store that does not contain this strange display driver.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

15 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Are you saying that MSFS was working fine before the update, and is borked after the update?

Yes was working great before the update. I did uninstall it and did a fresh install. Same thing was happening. This is through Steam btw. 

15 hours ago, fppilot said:

First, welcome to Avsim.  See this is your very first message post. 

Have you after some time since tried again?  This sounds to me like a quality of connection issue.  My suggestion is to explore that channel before diving into even more time consuming remedies.  Is this a Steam or is it a Microsoft Store installation?  I would suggest at a minimum logging out of related accounts and signing back in.  If you can access it, I recommend you delete your MSFS rolling cache.

How much time did it take for the SU6 update?  If it was considerable you might check to see if it did a total install into a 2nd location.  Others have had that experience!  

Thanks! 

I have tried about every other day to see if there is another update thinking it could be a bug, but still nothing has changed. This is a Steam installation. Sorry- should have mentioned that. I have logged out of steam and back in and issue is still ongoing. I notice as well that the load time is much much longer since the overall update from the update window into the "New Activities" preview before going into the main menu. The update folder as well as the system files are on an m.2 drive and a standard SSD. 

13 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Just ran into this same issue a few days ago (but was also happening with American and Euro Truck Sim) and I have a thread posted in the Hardware/GPU forum.  Do you have Citrix Workspace installed by chance?  If so, a recent update installed some kind of display driver that is being utilized instead of your Nvidia driver.  I had to uninstall it and reinstall the Citrix version from the Microsoft store that does not contain this strange display driver.

Wow- That did it!! 

How did you find that out??? 

Thanks so much! How odd! 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, LesPaul30 said:

Wow- That did it!! 

How did you find that out??? 

Thanks so much! How odd! 

I spent hours trying to troubleshoot and by chance went into Steam and looked at my System Information under the 'Help' menu.  Under the Video Card section it showed the driver as "Citrix Display Adapter' or something similar instead of my Nvidia driver.  I saw that Citrix driver in my device manager as well but disabling it did not do anything.  I then fully uninstalled Citrix to see what happened.  It was just chance that I stumbled across it!!  Glad it worked!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Just now, Flic1 said:

I spent hours trying to troubleshoot and by chance went into Steam and looked at my System Information under the 'Help' menu.  Under the Video Card section it showed the driver as "Citrix Display Adapter' or something similar instead of my Nvidia driver.  I saw that Citrix driver in my device manager as well but disabling it did not do anything.  I then fully uninstalled Citrix to see what happened.  It was just chance that I stumbled across it!!  Glad it worked!

Lol that's crazy! I let my wife know as she went in today. Now she's worried she wont be able to WFH tomorrow. Then again, she thinks FS2020 is just "a game". 😄I let her know you mentioned about re-installing Citrix from MS Store.  

16 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I have reinstalled 4 times and it's made no difference to me.  My problem is similar to the OP.  As I click on flight - it all ticks away until the blue bar reaches about 75% - then freezes.  Something has definitely broken the program for a significant number of users.

12 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

That's great!  Sadly not my problem, but one day I am certain I'll stroll across it.

Finally the solution. thanks a lot!
With me the System Information of Steam mentioned the Nvidia driver as installed.
However, never the less after removing Citrix and a reboot, MSFS worked smoothly.
AAaaaahhh!😊

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 12:00 PM, LesPaul30 said:

Lol that's crazy! I let my wife know as she went in today. Now she's worried she wont be able to WFH tomorrow. Then again, she thinks FS2020 is just "a game". 😄I let her know you mentioned about re-installing Citrix from MS Store.  

Tell her to just go in to work.  Flight Sim is more important!  I know that doing both WFH and having a stable flight sim environment was a thing for me as well, so I had a new system built just for it.  Glad you found out the problem.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

On 10/25/2021 at 4:58 PM, Flic1 said:

Can you explain where you find Help>System>video cards under the steam help menu please.  All I have under Help is:-

>view profile

>view account details

>Log out of account

>store preferences

>view my wallet