Sign in to follow this  
Daveo

Logbook issues

Hello,A few days ago I realized that for some reason the Logbook in Pilot Records was adding 1000's of landings to my reacords that I didn't make! When the unknown landings show up at my Logbook, the amount of landings per flight is shown as 256 on random flights. I have tried deleting some of the latest flights from my "logbook" file but that just makes my Logbook section show up empty. Any ideas/help would be great. Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hello,>A few days ago I realized that for some reason the Logbook in>Pilot Records was adding 1000's of landings to my reacords>that I didn't make! When the unknown landings show up at my>Logbook, the amount of landings per flight is shown as 256 on>random flights. I have tried deleting some of the latest>flights from my "logbook" file but that just makes my Logbook>section show up empty. Any ideas/help would be great. Thanks!Are you using "slew" mode to any extent? That could causeadditional landings to appear. "1000's" seem very strange though.In any case, the FSX logbook is very prone to corruption,especially if you attempt to edit it and delete records.I would suggest that you search the library for a couple oflogbook utilitites. One will allow you to safely edit/delete entries.The other will be usefull to attempt recovery of a corrupted logbook.Word to the wise....backup your logbook frequently, and ALWAYS beforeyou attempt any editing. Paul

Thank you, I will try and find those utilites. The "latest" number of landings was 10665 but I calculated the real amount to be just over 490.

Logbook edit works great. Ive fixed many a problem with it. For some reason Ive had less problems with logbook corruption as it has gotten bigger. Strange but true then again it is M$ im dealing with :(