Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

No option for IFR clearance using Simbrief flight plan

After SU6, if I use Simbrief to generate a flight plan, the IFR clearance option is not available on the ATC, only VFR.

It seems a common thing: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/no-option-to-request-ifr-clearance-from-default-atc/448922

Creating a FP from the World Map just for the sake of IFR clearance is no solution because the Simbrief plan does not overwrite the flight plan when I try to load it from the MCDU...

Is there any workaround? The Experimental A32NX is unusable in these conditions, being incompatible with World Map generated flight plans.

Thanks!

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

It is not clear from your post, but assuming that you are using the experimental version, it is a known issue. My understanding is that the new flight planning system in the experimental version does not sync the flight plan back to the sim (yet), hence ATC has no idea what your flight plan is, and just thinks you are VFR.

...jim

PS. That's one of the reasons I've been sticking with the Dev version for now.

Edited by JimBrown
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

I have been using the ATC for IFR clearances each time after SU6 and FBW A320. I don't understand your problem, do you mean that after saving your Simbrief FP in MSFS, you cannot load it from the saved flights? This is what I do and it works, 1/ save my flight in Simbrief, 2/ use the Simbrief exporter to save the flight in MSFS, 3/ open MSFS saved flights and load it, 4/ start the flight and retrieve the flight plan in FBW, 5/ as soon as the flight is loaded the co-pilot asks for the IFR clearance from ATC even before my plane is ready, 6/ ATC gives IFR clearance as filed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

38 minutes ago, Bernard Ducret said:

I have been using the ATC for IFR clearances each time after SU6 and FBW A320. I don't understand your problem, do you mean that after saving your Simbrief FP in MSFS, you cannot load it from the saved flights? This is what I do and it works, 1/ save my flight in Simbrief, 2/ use the Simbrief exporter to save the flight in MSFS, 3/ open MSFS saved flights and load it, 4/ start the flight and retrieve the flight plan in FBW, 5/ as soon as the flight is loaded the co-pilot asks for the IFR clearance from ATC even before my plane is ready, 6/ ATC gives IFR clearance as filed.

No, I can import the FP without issues. Just, on the Experimental version of the A32NX, it does not reflect in the ATC.

Are you using the experimental version or the dev/stable version of A32NX?

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

10 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

After SU6, if I use Simbrief to generate a flight plan, the IFR clearance option is not available on the ATC, only VFR.

It seems a common thing: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/no-option-to-request-ifr-clearance-from-default-atc/448922

Creating a FP from the World Map just for the sake of IFR clearance is no solution because the Simbrief plan does not overwrite the flight plan when I try to load it from the MCDU...

Is there any workaround? The Experimental A32NX is unusable in these conditions, being incompatible with World Map generated flight plans.

Thanks!

I don't have this problem at all .. Using the Dev Version. 

I however start always cold and dark. .. The option to file the flightplan is always found within clearance or ground ATC menu AFTER i import the data into the INIT A page.. I will not get the option to file the flight plan with atc until the INIT page is populated. 

I think @JimBrown has your answer. Probably have to wait for FBW to get around to fixing it.  

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

14 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

Are you using the experimental version or the dev/stable version of A32NX?

Dev version and always C&D at the gate.

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2,