Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Freeware Piper Arrow III with VC

Yes, in the readme (manual) it says (here I copied from another forum I posted in)"When you write, be sure to type "PA28" in the subject, otherwise it might not get through his spam filter, anyway, his is:Keitel-SH(at symbol)t-online.de"

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest Shalomar

Finally found this on the 35th page- BUMP!!! Getting TrackIR soon, need aircraft with great VCs. Will this be uploaded to Avsim- "arrow" in the file library gave back no response.Best regards, Donny :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest CocoLoco

A quick fix for the foggy VC that uses a trick suggested by Ryan is to rename the VC glass bitmap files for this model. If you go to the directory it installs under: '...SimObjectsAirplanesPiper28R201'there are files within each of the model texture folders (e.g. texture.DEILU) called:glas1_T.bmpglas2_T.bmpglas3_T.bmpglas4_T.bmp. If you change the extensions on each of these to something else like glas1_T.bkup then the reflective textures will not be loaded and you will have a very clear window.I have found that inverting (producing a negative) of these bitmaps produces quite a nice effect as well. The glass is a lot clearer but also a bit darker. I have settled for inverting glas1_T.bmp, renaming glas2_T.bmp to glas2_T.bkup and leaving the other 2 files alone. I get a clear side view and a shaded forward view with no change to the external view of the plane.David

Guest Shalomar

I just had a very enjoyable first flight, I was going to go 22N- KWWD but I wound up on base to runway 6 KABE and spent an hour doing touch and go's and pattern practice. This VC is great in the pattern, definitely Track IR worthy. And I have Track IR in the mail...I didn't notice anything wrong with the glass BTW...Best Regards, Donny :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Yeah I posted a thread long time ago....it's pretty good except:The VC windows....they really obstruct your view, especially at night....like the alpha channels are colored/tinted.... that's why I don't fly it anymore...Everything else was fantasticEDIT: LOL....this was the thread I posted in...and its really old...Hey good find though with the VC glass, I'll try it!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest lulu

When I use your link all I get is a couple of repaints.

Hi Guys, I find that opening glas2_T.bmp in PaintShop and reducing the brightness of the image (a lot), you can tailor the side glass opacity to your own taste. Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

When I loaded it I was told that it had a FS98 guage in it and on display, it only showed half the guages and misplaced textures. What a mess?

Dave Taylor gb.png

How do I invert the bitmaps?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest CocoLoco

To invert/create a negative of the image in Paint Shop Pro, open the image (e.g. glas1_T.bmp) and select the menu option Colours->Negative Image. If you load it into Adobe Photoshop, select the menu option Image->Adjustments->Invert. I have also tried it in MS Paint but it just blanks out. Perhaps some Paint users can help out.David

Guest Shalomar

Is that just the 2D panel?How do I get the GPS into this baby?Thanx in advance:-beerchugDonaldFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest CocoLoco

>When I loaded it I was told that it had a FS98 guage in it>and on display, it only showed half the guages and misplaced>textures. What a mess?Are you sure you have the version by Hauke Keitel? My version does not mention an FS98 gauge and as far as I can tell, there are no gauges missing.